My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura recording storage

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

El Sid

The hard drive on my HDR FOX TD gave up the ghost recently after 12 years so I decided to buy a new Humax. The only Humax Freeview box available was the Aura. My only complaint (so far) is the way it stores recordings. Instead of the hierarchical folder structure that gave the user control of organisation of files that I was used to, recordings just seem to be lumped together in one list.
    a) i don’t see this issue mentioned anywhere else. Is it just me? Suppose you had a computer without folders? Good luck finding your files.
    On a wider note
    b) Why on earth did Humax withdraw the HDR FOX TD? Anyone know?

| Tue 21 Nov 2023 23:46:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

El Sid - 12 hours ago  » 
    The hard drive on my HDR FOX TD gave up the ghost recently after 12 years so I decided to buy a new Humax.

It isn't difficult to change a hard drive on the HDR-FOX T2.

The only Humax Freeview box available was the Aura. My only complaint (so far) is the way it stores recordings. Instead of the hierarchical folder structure that gave the user control of organisation of files that I was used to, recordings just seem to be lumped together in one list.
    a) i don’t see this issue mentioned anywhere else. Is it just me? Suppose you had a computer without folders? Good luck finding your files.

Yup I am afraid that is the way it is and nothing you can do about it.

On a wider note
    b) Why on earth did Humax withdraw the HDR FOX TD?

They replaced it with the HDR-2000T which has similar functionality (although they managed to introduce some new bugs in the transition); I guess it was cheaper to make and so they made more profit.

| Wed 22 Nov 2023 12:33:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

El Sid

Thanks Martin. With hindsight I’d have tried to replace the hard drive on the HDR FOX but I was so fed up with trying to fix it that I thought I’d buy a replacement. The Aura however seems to be part recording device (with the drawbacks I described), part glorified Radio Times. I haven’t a clue what Android TV is, nor its supposed benefits. And call me a dinosaur, but I don’t want to talk to a remote control.

| Wed 22 Nov 2023 15:46:27 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.