My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura with a hdmi splitter

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardE

With my previous Humax box Youview I used a HDMI splitter so I could watch on 2 separate monitors, one in a separate room. My splitter doesn't work with the Aura, possibly because its 4k output.
    Is it possible to use HDMI splitter with Aura and if so can anyone recommend one?

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 14:26:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RichardE - 44 mins ago  » 
    With my previous Humax box Youview I used a HDMI splitter so I could watch on 2 separate monitors, one in a separate room. My splitter doesn't work with the Aura, possibly because its 4k output.
    Is it possible to use HDMI splitter with Aura and if so can anyone recommend one?

The trick is that the HDCP handshake will reduce the output to the lowest common supported resolution and most likely switch the audio out to PCM stereo.

If you say have a main TV that is 4K capable and a second TV that is 1080p. Set the box to output 1080p50 while using both displays. If no audio change the audio out to stereo.

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 15:15:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardE

Thanks for the reply. The setup I have is a Hisense 4k tv as my main tv and a hdmi to cat5e converter to route to the 2nd tv, via a cat5e to hdmi converter at the other end.
    Unfortunately when I previously set to Aura to output 1050p50 I completely lost the output on the 4k tv and had to fiddle round blindly with the remote to get it back again.

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 19:29:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RichardE - 19 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply. The setup I have is a Hisense 4k tv as my main tv and a hdmi to cat5e converter to route to the 2nd tv, via a cat5e to hdmi converter at the other end.
    Unfortunately when I previously set to Aura to output 1050p50 I completely lost the output on the 4k tv and had to fiddle round blindly with the remote to get it back again.

Any 4K TV should cope with a 1080p input at 1080p50 and natively upscale to 2160p /50.

My LGC9 copes fine. Perhaps replace the cat 5 with a cat7 flat cablecable and a pair of baluns with ones with Infra red return.

I have a similar setup. But the splitter is built in to a Denon AVR with zone 2 out connected by a balun pair as above. Works fine with any AVR input with a 1080P source connected.

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 20:01:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardE

I've sorted the problem now. It was because my tv was set to hdmi enhanced. I switched it to hdmi standard any everything works fine. I can now set the aura output to 1080 and it works with the splitter.
    Thanks for your help!

| Thu 24 Jun 2021 21:38:13 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.