My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Auto start of program?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

landsker

I've just replaced my of Freesat "Foxsat" box with a Humax 1100S.
    On the old box when one wanted to forward book a program to watch, the options were "record single program", "record whole series" and "Watch".
    Selecting "watch" automatically switched to the desired channel at the correct time and the program came on. Easy-peasy!
    On the 1100S HDR, there does not seem to be this sort of control, as the forward view, or record, function only seems able to set a reminder for live viewing of the chosen program. This pops up and needs a human action to effect the channel change to the desired program. Unless one is sitting in front of the TV, with the remote in your hand to click "OK", the forward booked program does not start.
    This is truly inconvenient, as one may wish to view a particular pre-booked program, but may not be in the room to activate the "OK" manually.
    Is there any way to select a program for later viewing and have it start automatically?
    For example, at 1500 today, I pre-booked Emmerdale, which starts at 1900. At 1900, up popped the reminder and had I not been waiting to see what happened,I would not have been able to select "watch", which would have upset my wife who actually likes it!

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 23:17:50 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not aware of any difference in reminder or watch. If you ignored the message or the box is in standby, doesn't it boot the box if in sby and switch to the channel anyway ?

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 23:57:45 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Agree with Graham, if you do not react to the popup reminder it will switch in good time.

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 7:44:05 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Always best to record the programme and watch it in chasing playback. That way you don't get issues if you need to pause the programme when the actual broadcast finishes.

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 12:15:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

landsker

Thank you all for your help so far.
    As you've said, ignoring the pop-up reminder does, in time, switch the channel automatically.
    I do need help with something else, though.
    How do I stop the box turning off when I use my Samsung TV remote, or my Samsung sound bar, to turn off the TV?
    It make no difference whether I press the TV or STB button on the Humax box remote. Pressing the power button on the Humax remote turns both the STB and the TV, off, as does pressing the TV off button on the soundbar, or TV remotes.
    When powering up the TV from any of the remotes the TV starts, but the STB does not. It needs the normal action of using the Humax remte to turn on the STB button followed by the power button. The box then boots up
    I did try syncing the TV and box, using a Samsung code, which seemed to get the above effect.
    Trying to "un-sync" the TV and the STB remote, I've done a factory default re-set of the box, to no avail. I've also removed and replaced the batteries in the Humax remote.
    It's a pain having to physically restart the Humax every time I turn off the TV . (BTW - I've disabled auto power down)
    Is there an answer?
    Your advice woud be greatly appreciated.

| Sat 13 Jan 2018 17:06:49 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Turn off anynet+ on your TV. That's what Samsung call CEC control.

If you need to retain anynet+ say to use audio return channel (ARC) with your soundbar then fit a cec removal adaptor to the box HDMI cable.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female-Black/dp/B00DL48KVI&tag=blusas008-21

| Sat 13 Jan 2018 17:20:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

landsker

Brilliant!
    Thank you so much.

| Sat 13 Jan 2018 17:35:22 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.