My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

AV Button on remote RM-L08

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ray Bellamy

Hello,
    I have just recently purchased the model FVP-500T so I am still getting used to it.
    I have just set up the Universal Remote Control and can now switch the TV on and off with the Humax RM-L08 remote.
    The AV button next to the TV standby if pressed shows the input sources but if I press the up or down buttons it does not change the source. The channel list comes up in the background. There is a list of 3 digit codes in the manual. I have tried all of them but it's the same. There does not appear to be any point in the AV button showing input sources if they cannot be changed with the same remote. I think I'm missing something.
    If anyone can advise me on this issue I would be grateful, still learning.
    Thanks Ray Bellamy.

| Mon 14 Dec 2020 1:07:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You don't press the up/down keys.
    Press AV once and it will bring up the list of inputs with the current one highlighted by a pink circle. Press AV again and you will see a pink box appear and each subsequent press will move to another input. Whichever you want, just stop there and the input will change after a couple of seconds.

| Mon 14 Dec 2020 5:31:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ray Bellamy

Hello SSThing,
    Thanks for your response. If I press AV once it brings up the list of inputs with the current one highlighted brighter in a rectangle. There is no pink circle. If I press the AV again it just switches off the display.
    Thanks Ray Bellamy.

| Mon 14 Dec 2020 14:02:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you tried any of the other codes for the TV?

It's just occurred to me, do you actually have anything plugged into any of the other AV ports on the TV?

| Mon 14 Dec 2020 15:18:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ray Bellamy

Hello SSThing,
    There are 20 codes for the TV. Went through them all again twice. Some do not work but most do. Still getting the same results each time when pressing AV shows input sources, if press it again AV display goes off. Still no pink circle.
    I have an external sound bar on HDMI 1 , The Humax box on HDMI 2 and a Freestat box connected on Ext 1 by scart.
    The sound bar is on all the time but the Freestat box is not, never use it.
    I am getting the same results after inputting each code and the remote TV standby flashes 3 times to show it is accepted.
    Thanks for your help,
    Ray Bellamy.

| Tue 15 Dec 2020 2:17:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Dohhhhh :oops:
    I have just realised that, of course, the display that appears when pressing the AV button is on the TV therefore it's layout/content/style is specific to the brand of TV.

It may simply be a case of the function not being compatible with your TV.

| Tue 15 Dec 2020 9:28:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ray Bellamy

To SSThing,
    The TV is 9 years old so that may have something to do with it. Not really a problem I will carry on using the remote for the TV when I want to change source.
    Thanks for your help.
    Ray Bellamy.

| Tue 15 Dec 2020 12:05:20 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.