My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Bad reception Channel 59 after retune

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

WigginLad

Hi all - my first post and joined the forum because you guys seem to know everything about Humax kit but I couldn't find any specific answer to my problem. Hope someone can help

We've had a PVR9200-T for around 5 years now and so far it's given us great service. I was trying to record something the other night on Film 4 and realised it had moved so did a retune. Since then everything on Channel 59 (Channel 4, 5, ITV, Film 4 etc.) has been pixelating and I get an error message "No or Bad Signal" or "Channel is Scrambled" (or similar). Thing is it was working fine before the retune, signal strength is 81% (same as BBC and all others which work fine), signal quality is 100% and the same aerial is used for the DVB in the TV which is routed through the PVR and works fine.

I've tried several retunes, powering off at the wall between deleting old channels and retuning, and nothing will fix it.

Please does anyone have any suggestions? Getting very frustrated now so any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ian

(sorry, just realised this has posted in the Welocme forum and can't move it!)

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 13:59:28 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

If the signal strength/quality is that good on channel 59 you should not be experiencing any issues.

Is the modulated RF out set to a channel close to 59, I have seen this cause a problems in the past.

No probs re where you posted this, I will move it to correct sub forum.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 14:27:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

WigginLad

Thanks for the advice, Barry

I have now found the problem. While looking around for the RF out as you suggested, I saw there was another option on the menu to check the signal strength (last icon - system?). When I checked on there it was showing Channel 4 as being on some other MUX (in the 40's) even though I did a manual retune on 59. The signal was being picked up from a Yorkshire transmitter so was much worse than was showing on the tuning screen.

It seems fine now, but I still don't know why it would change to a completely different MUX even when I told it specifically what to look for.

Bring back analogue - digital telly is a black art

Thanks again.
    Ian

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 16:05:00 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For future reference, we have an excellent post by member Biggles re manually tuning - see the link via our FAQ's

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 16:20:37 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

WigginLad - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the advice, Barry
    I have now found the problem. While looking around for the RF out as you suggested, I saw there was another option on the menu to check the signal strength (last icon - system?). When I checked on there it was showing Channel 4 as being on some other MUX (in the 40's) even though I did a manual retune on 59. The signal was being picked up from a Yorkshire transmitter so was much worse than was showing on the tuning screen.
    It seems fine now, but I still don't know why it would change to a completely different MUX even when I told it specifically what to look for.
    Bring back analogue - digital telly is a black art
    Thanks again.
    Ian

If you follow my Manual Search instructions (linked by Barry above) there is no chance of picking up any stray multiplexes so all channels will be from your chosen transmitter.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 19:28:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

WigginLad

Thanks for the help and pointers. I still don't understand why the manual retune didn't update as I expected but at least it's working now so happy I've found the problem.

Cheers
    Ian

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 20:57:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.