My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC 4 Failed Recrordings Message

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I often get a failed recording message for BBC 4 recordings even though the recording works fine. Does anyone else get this ?

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 13:35:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Yes, happens quite often on BBC4 HD for me and no other channels

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 15:30:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJM

I've seen this once on BBC4 and on just about everything I record from CITV. Assumed with CITV it was something to do with programmes rarely being broadcast on time.

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 15:33:11 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

giverny - 2 hours ago  » 
    I often get a failed recording message for BBC 4 recordings even though the recording works fine. Does anyone else get this ?

You've mentioned this before in the beta area, and I stated that I had reported to Humax Towers. They have acknowledged the 'thumbnail' issue and it will be fixed at some stage.

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 15:41:54 #4 |
  5. Bargepower

Bargepower

I find once a BBC4 HD recording has been played, the thumbnail appears.

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 16:45:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I only got these messages when there was some problem with the aerial or something beyond my control.

I found that even though the recording started playing there was something serious or less serious that interupted the picture...so the message was right. It could range from brief blocking through stuttering over minutes to a complete loss of picture. I reckon any stutter could cause the system to display a failure message

Now everything seems to be working well Ive made numerous recordings on HD and they have come out perfectly. Im just watching one Planet Earth again now. Its quite something condidering the amount of data over that time. I would have thought that atmospheric factors or even a taxi cab passing would possibly affect the picture

All my Hd channels seems to be working perfectly now(touch wood) East Cheshire so winter hill works

Im just relieved the system does work because I had problems for months for some unknown reason

| Tue 13 Dec 2016 20:24:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 

giverny - 2 hours ago  » 

You've mentioned this before in the beta area, and I stated that I had reported to Humax Towers. They have acknowledged the 'thumbnail' issue and it will be fixed at some stage.

Sorry Barry, forgotten I had mentioned it before. What is meant by it being a "thumbnail issue" ?

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 2:17:16 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Instead of displaying a screengrab from the programme the error icon is being displayed initially. If the programme is viewed a screengrab is then displayed correctly.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 8:07:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

OK thanks, I had not noticed that.

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 1:23:40 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

giverny - 14 hours ago  » 
    OK thanks, I had not noticed that.

Just playing the first couple of seconds of the recording will do it.

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 15:54:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.