My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iPlayer

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

Have been disappointed with BBC iPlayer since owning 1100S. Slow to load app and programs often buffer. connected via Ethernet (70mbps, tested). Tried new cable and wireless still the same. iPlayer works well on Now TV box and Netflix via smart TV is fine so I don't have speed problems. Don't seem to have same problems with the few times I have used ITV HUB, which I don't like as it so user unfriendly.
    I guess there is no fix but just wondered if anybody else experiences this, or if it maybe my box?

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 15:07:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Have you tried Settings in iPlayer and adjust Video setting? Set to SD for example.

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 15:16:25 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No problem with iplayer on my HDR1000S. No buffering (also on 70Mbps download). How quick does the programme start when you select play from the beginning on the epg. I can time a few as a simple sort of check.

Just tried BBC 2 HD "Only Connect". It took 17 seconds from OK on watch from beginning to programme start.

If you choose a programme on the backwards epg say from BBC 1-HD and post your time I can do same.

Could be worth making a note of your recording schedule and doing a reset to factory defaults.

Welcome to our forum.

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 15:26:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Have you tried Settings in iPlayer and adjust Video setting? Set to SD for example.

The latest version of iplayer adapts it bitrate to the available speed when set to best. Should be no problem with 70Mbps available.

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 15:31:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rwb

Just tried this on my HDR1000S and get exactly thesame as Graham. 17s to check the internet connection, load iPlayer and start player.
    I picked the rugby as it was 2h15m into the program.

OP, how long does it take until you see the 'BBC iPlayer loading'? How much longer until the program actually starts playing?

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 16:24:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobkat

Just tried 'Only Connect' on roll back from EPG and it took 17 secs as well. Tried iPlayer from 'On demand' menu it took 13 sec to load which seemed faster than usual (typical!!).
    However thanks for the input I now have a base line to check later performance.
    BTW iPlayer takes 6 secs to load on 'Now TV' box.
    Overall I am happy with the box my only other gripe being that when you pause live TV it will only 'time slip' the program you paused rather than the channel (which is what Sky does) so when you finish the program you paused you jump back to to the present. However I am £60 a month richer!

| Sat 29 Jul 2017 16:55:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rwb

When you are in the 'On Demand' menu, the processor is not displaying a full screen video so it will be quicker.

If you are watching live when you press pause, it will pause the channel (the current and subsequent programs will be recorded to the buffer).

You can also use the rewind and jump back buttons (60s by default) to go back to the point where you first selected the channel.

If you use the 'watch from start' (or any on demand service) the video stream is coming via the internet, so you are limited to the current program.

| Mon 31 Jul 2017 21:20:02 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.