My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

BBC iPlayer and Foxsat hdr

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

I use tsMuxer under Windows, seems to handle MP4s and MKVs fine, then convert with AV2HDR.

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 20:34:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jb9

No luck with just changing the file suffix.

I finally cracked it using Avidemux (in Ubuntu).

Open the .mp4 file from get_iplayer
    Then set:
    Video to MPEG-2 (mpeg2video)
    Audio to AC3 (lav)
    Format to MPEG-TS (A+V)
    Didn't change any of the "Configure" settings.
    Saved file to the_same.ts

However, when I then gave the result to AV2HDR, it created the set of three files OK, but didn't copy them to the PVR. When I did this manually via SFTP or FTP to /media/Video the PVR didn't see them. I could see them via the web interface and checking via SSH terminal: owner (root.root) and permissions (644) were the same as a recording that the PVR could see. I deduce that there is some refresh process in the PVR that only gets invoked normally when it records something. I found another posting that said to rename the files using the web interface and this would invoke a refresh. It did.

However, this is all a bit laborious. I can probably add the Avidemux part to my get_iplayer script, but there is an awful lot of manual stuff remaining. I'll next try to see why AV2HDR isn't FTPing.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 18:22:23 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jb9

Checked the download page again and noticed that the Linux version was 1.4 - no FTP. I'll try the Windows verion. I do hope that Raydon makes some money out of the 4shared server he uses, he deserves it, but it is certainly a laborious process for the likes of me to get anything downloaded.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 18:38:23 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jb9 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Checked the download page again and noticed that the Linux version was 1.4 - no FTP. I'll try the Windows verion. I do hope that Raydon makes some money out of the 4shared server he uses, he deserves it, but it is certainly a laborious process for the likes of me to get anything downloaded.

Raydon doesn't make any money out of this. He contributes his considerable expertise for free. Your issue is down to the .hmt file having an incorrect link to the real file locations. Invoking rename (no need to actually change the name) and save, corrects the file path in the file.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 19:22:23 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

zeke - 22 hours ago  » 
    I use tsMuxer under Windows, seems to handle MP4s and MKVs fine, then convert with AV2HDR.

Ditto

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 19:25:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Good choice. At the risk of sounding obvious/redundant, I'd say tsMuxerGUI is to TS files what MKVmergeGUI is to MKVs. AVIdemux is good too, I use that for file splitting if I need to take the ad breaks out of Foxsat-HDR recordings before transcoding with Handbrake.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 20:01:49 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jb9

Apologies for my odd sense of humour; I realise that Raydon doesn't get paid for this and I didn't mean to be offensive I much appreciate his work.

I have, however, had an awful lot of trouble trying to download from 4shared. In fact, I've been unable to get it to give me version 1.8. I appreciate that a) developers of free software need to minimise their costs and b) firms providing free on-line storage need to make some money, but I worry when they do this by collecting email addresses rather than just on-screen advertising.

| Mon 25 Mar 2013 11:01:17 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.