My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

BBC Iplayer ends September 2016

(44 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I am trying to get my head round that with difficulty.  First of all, am I correct that retaining the old box means keeping it powered up, so that Twonkey Media puts files on my computer through PVConnect> RootVideo, which then reveals folders named All Videos, and Folder, both with similar files and floders within.
    Are the items I’d wish to play accessible directly by use of the new PVR’s remote?
    That said, as my electric sockets are well used, transferring files may be the preferred option. In which case from what folder on PVConnect do I make the transfer?
    I realise I must look the dimmest member of this forum, but I hope your patience will remain intact.

Doesn't the Foxsat-HDR Video recordings folder appear in the network options of Windows File Explorer ? You can copy the files from this folder to one on your PC in the same way as any drive connected to your PC. Alternatively you can copy the files using a ftp client like Filezilla.

The Foxsat recordings are accessed on a G2 Humax box using the Humax option accessed by the home button and using the shared files option.

| Sun 20 Nov 2016 12:45:18 #41 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Doesn't the Foxsat-HDR Video recordings folder appear in the network options of Windows File Explorer ? You can copy the files from this folder to one on your PC in the same way as any drive connected to your PC. Alternatively you can copy the files using a ftp client like Filezilla.

Samba needs to be installed on the Foxsat for Foxsat-HDR to appear as a Windows share. Likewise the FTP server for FTP.

Should you transfer the files to the new unit you can import them via USB, you only need the .ts files in that case.

You could also transfer them to your PC and play them from there,

| Sun 20 Nov 2016 13:37:46 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

In network locations is network device I found something
    If I click on the link by Device webpage a number of .ts files appear. They appear downloadable, but slowly. Can I use them in any way?

Attachments

1. pvconn_props.png (20.2 KB, 1 downloads) 7 years old
    | Sun 20 Nov 2016 16:37:44 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only if recorded in SD, other than if recorded in another way we can't discuss here. Download one to your PC and try playing it back. (VLC or Splash Lite are free media players that will play back content that is not encrypted).

If you install the Samba package the Foxsat Drive can appear in Windows Explorer just like any other drive with it's own Drive Letter.

http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/guides/computer/howto/map_win7.cfm

| Sun 20 Nov 2016 17:16:58 #44 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.