My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

BBC Iplayer ends September 2016

(44 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

cerclebois - 49 minutes ago  » 
    It worked this time, or at least I think it did. However I never got the prompt to press standby button once END had shown. Therefore I carried on pressing and the P numbers appeared greyed out and END once more. The HDR screen does say Custom, though. I hope it'safe to assume it is, as I am having problems with connection at moment with 192.168.1.04 the HDR IP with timeouts.

Recheck the IP in the Humax settings.the zero in front of the four is not normal.

| Fri 22 Jul 2016 18:25:22 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

You're right. I'm embarrassed!
    Now to see how well I do at accessing the new stuff.

Thanks both for your help.

BTW, when I transfer stuff over to the new box, does this custom ware go over with it?

| Fri 22 Jul 2016 20:11:15 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cerclebois - 3 hours ago  » 
    It worked this time, or at least I think it did.

Any idea what you did differently this time?

| Fri 22 Jul 2016 21:11:07 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Other than what's in my posts, I don't think I can add anything, as while I was making the change a lot of other more serious matters were on my mind. Sorry.

| Sat 23 Jul 2016 8:50:08 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 19 hours ago  » 
    You're right. I'm embarrassed!
    Now to see how well I do at accessing the new stuff.
    Thanks both for your help.
    BTW, when I transfer stuff over to the new box, does this custom ware go over with it?

No - what new box are you buying ? The CF only works on the Foxsat-HDR (satellite) and a version is available for the Freeview HDR FOX T2.

Mind you when you get used to the CF you are likely to keep the Foxsat

| Sat 23 Jul 2016 15:15:01 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Not sure yet, but probably a Humax, although over on DS there are some moans about from time to time. I need consider the specs.

| Sat 23 Jul 2016 20:10:53 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Am I not seeing, what is there? Possibly, but nowhere can find the actual cut-off date in September. Has it been promulgated yet?

In passing the new box spec is pretty comprehensive. I look forward to its acquisition.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 18:29:23 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

At last the plunge has been taken; I'm getting a new 1100S PVR.
    Raydon is installed on Foxsat, but I've lost the instructions how to tranfer media one to the other, only SD of course.

Help me, please!

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 20:36:33 #38 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 12 hours ago  » 
    At last the plunge has been taken; I'm getting a new 1100S PVR.
    Raydon is installed on Foxsat, but I've lost the instructions how to tranfer media one to the other, only SD of course.
    Help me, please!

If you are keeping the box, no need to transfer. The DLNA client on the 1100S can play the recordings direct from the Foxsat using one of the available dlna servers in the Custom Firmware packages. Other than that copy the .ts recordings files to a PC (using Windows Explorer or FTP). Upload to 1100S using a usb storage device, or play back from PC again using 1100S DLNA client.

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 9:39:27 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I am trying to get my head round that with difficulty.  First of all, am I correct that retaining the old box means keeping it powered up, so that Twonkey Media puts files on my computer through PVConnect> RootVideo, which then reveals folders named All Videos, and Folder, both with similar files and floders within.
    Are the items I’d wish to play accessible directly by use of the new PVR’s remote?
    That said, as my electric sockets are well used, transferring files may be the preferred option. In which case from what folder on PVConnect do I make the transfer?
    I realise I must look the dimmest member of this forum, but I hope your patience will remain intact.

| Sun 20 Nov 2016 11:28:21 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.