My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

BBC Iplayer ends September 2016

(44 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

rmcmorran - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Well I object! I think we should protest against enforced short product life cycles. This just encourages people to junk equipment more rapidly, contributing to massive environmental problems. It confuses older consumers who aren't as skilled in operating multiple devices. It disadvantages people who are less well-off. And it frustrates the rest of us who make a reasonable effort to stay up to date.
    This switchoff is not a technical issue - it's the BBC just cutting costs to cope with austerity. As a result, the BBC passes the problem on to licence-fee payers.
    Sure, I can stream iPlayer from an iPhone onto my Apple TV but that's not the point - not everybody can do this. The BBC is not meant to shaft its viewers like this.

You have just made a pretty decent fist of describing a capitalist society.

| Fri 15 Apr 2016 11:11:01 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A least Foxsat users have had the Iplayer - Other manufactures failed to deliver the promised IPlayer at all.

| Fri 15 Apr 2016 12:10:12 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

cerclebois - 4 months ago  » 
    Have you got the download, and instructions links available? Please.

Sorry to come back after such an interval, but finally found courage to download Raydon’s software. I made a copy of the ReadMe, having downloaded Raydon’s bundle to a small memory stick formatted to FAT32. So far so good!
    Did someone say it was easy? I know it may be sown to my efforts, but it doesn’t seem to be that easy. I have given up at the moment, as I seemed to be pressing the box standby button for some time with nothing happening. Am I doing something wrong?
    Following the ReadMe, I turned on the TV, making sure the source was the HDR. A live broadcast was showing. HDR was placed in standby with box button and memory stick inserted, and box standby button depressed down continuously.
    Boot soon appeared, but after a generous 5 minutes there was no sign numbers preceded by P, and the progress was not showing on the TV, because the TV had gone to white noise.
    Should it take so long, and if not, what am I messing up?
    I’m stumped. 

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 16:33:28 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 34 minutes ago  » 

cerclebois - 4 months ago  » 
    Have you got the download, and instructions links available? Please.

Sorry to come back after such an interval, but finally found courage to download Raydon’s software. I made a copy of the ReadMe, having downloaded Raydon’s bundle to a small memory stick formatted to FAT32. So far so good!
    Did someone say it was easy? I know it may be sown to my efforts, but it doesn’t seem to be that easy. I have given up at the moment, as I seemed to be pressing the box standby button for some time with nothing happening. Am I doing something wrong?
    Following the ReadMe, I turned on the TV, making sure the source was the HDR. A live broadcast was showing. HDR was placed in standby with box button and memory stick inserted, and box standby button depressed down continuously.
    Boot soon appeared, but after a generous 5 minutes there was no sign numbers preceded by P, and the progress was not showing on the TV, because the TV had gone to white noise.
    Should it take so long, and if not, what am I messing up?
    I’m stumped. 

Did you follow the instructions to extract the required file from the .rar compressed file and ensure it has the correct name ?

http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.html

The USB stick should be inserted with the box in full sby. If you plug it in and the usb light comes on the box is not in full sby.

If all correct try a different stick as the box can be a bit picky.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 17:11:01 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

@graham
    I have replied to your email, and since done the extraction with Frog.
    I'm very muddled now. What actual files/folders should or should not be on the stick before I commence loading Raydon?I want to be abs. sure as I think what was there before may have been incorrect.

BTW I did note that small USB sticks may be better. Mine is a veteran 128 MB.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 20:38:25 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 31 minutes ago  » 
    @graham
    I'm very muddled now. What actual files/folders should or should not be on the stick before I commence loading Raydon?I want to be abs. sure as I think what was there before may have been incorrect.

Procedure is initially identical to flashing a standard firmware update. File should be in root folder of a FAT32 formatted stick and named FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf and be the only file.

There should be a text file with instructions in the .rar archive along with the .hdf file.

Make sure windows explorer is set to show file extensions.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 21:12:00 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

cerclebois - 33 minutes ago  » 
    @graham

Your USB stick shoul have a file with extension .hdf in the root folder.

Note: windows folder settings must be set to display file extensions to see this which is not the default,

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 21:14:54 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I tried again this morning, but again saw no increasing P nos etc, and after a while gave up thinking it'd gone wrong again. However on viewing diagnostics I saw version was preceded by a new 5 letter string "HPRFC".

Am I despite the comments above actually done?

| Fri 22 Jul 2016 10:48:12 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I tried again this morning, but again saw no increasing P nos etc, and after a while gave up thinking it'd gone wrong again. However on viewing diagnostics I saw version was preceded by a new 5 letter string "HPRFC".
    Am I despite the comments above actually done?

That's not new, the only sign the CF is installed on the actual box user interface is a message on the display on boot up (Custom FW v4.1.3). Time to try a different usb stick. Best to quick format it FAT32 before (right click on icon in Windows Explorer).

Having done the actual initial install you have to log into the box ip address using a web browser to complete the installation. The rest and any additional packages are downloaded from the internet.

| Fri 22 Jul 2016 11:51:33 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

It worked this time, or at least I think it did. However I never got the prompt to press standby button once END had shown. Therefore I carried on pressing and the P numbers appeared greyed out and END once more. The HDR screen does say Custom, though. I hope it'safe to assume it is, as I am having problems with connection at moment with 192.168.1.04 the HDR IP with timeouts.

| Fri 22 Jul 2016 18:34:11 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.