My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iplayer no option to turn of Audio Description

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ezytouch

i am using the BBC iPlayer through my Humax HDR 1100s.
    a program is playing with the Audio Description on by default. the HUmax version of the iPlayer app does not provide a button to turn the AD off.
    i have tried the same feature using the iPlayer on my laptop, and the button for turning the AD off is at the bottom as it should be.
    is there a specific way to access the Audio Description on/off on the HUmax version of the iPlayer app? none of the buttons on the remote control do anything.
    thanks

| Sat 19 Jan 2019 22:37:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The TV version of bbc IPlayer does not have a toggle for Audio Description.
    Try searching for the same programmme again and select "Start from the beginning". If instead of "Starting from the beginning" you instead "Resume", it will play the same version that was playing, which is not what you want.

Also post details of the actual programme. It may be that when you first selected the particular programme that there was no non-Audio-Description version to play.

| Sun 20 Jan 2019 10:39:20 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Random check using HDR-1000S - Played back a recording from BBC 1 HD of Death In Paradise (Last Thursdays Episode 2 of new series). Audio description is available.

Same programme using iplayer also using HDR-1000s. Audio is primary sound track and apparently no way to select the audio described track.

AV receiver reports audio is Dolby Digital 2.0. When present the Audio description track is mpeg1 layer 2 (mp2).

| Sun 20 Jan 2019 11:41:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bit more experimenting. Windows 10 laptop iplayer app. Audio described audio can be selected. iplayer using Chrome Audio described track can be selected. In both cases casting to chromecast doesn't work (continually buffers). Galaxy tab s2 and Galaxy S7 phone. No way to select AD track and casting to chromecast also fails to work.

FVP-5000T - is same as HDR-1000S. Audio is main audio track - no way to switch to AD trackk

| Sun 20 Jan 2019 13:02:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jodie

I have had this problem since Thursday on recordings from a variety of channels. It's really irritating !! Can't seem to turn audio description off at all. However anything recorded before Thursday seems fine. have tried TV and Freesat settings but to no avail.

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 3:28:38 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.