My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

BBC IPlayer UHD option gone

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveLloyd

Just tried BBC IPlayer on the Aura and the UHD programs and demos seem to have been removed from the App. Looking at system info on the IPlayer app it looks like there has been an update today. Anybody else noticed this ?

| Fri 16 Jul 2021 23:01:56 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

DaveLloyd - 1 week ago  » 
    Just tried BBC IPlayer on the Aura and the UHD programs and demos seem to have been removed from the App. Looking at system info on the IPlayer app it looks like there has been an update today. Anybody else noticed this ?

I’ve just checked that out. Yes the UHD option on the Aura iPlayer has gone. But checking Iplayer on my LG TV, UHD is still there. I wonder why it’s gone on the Aura?

| Fri 30 Jul 2021 13:36:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveLloyd

Just a quick update on this .. I raised the issue of the disappearing UHD option with the BBC IPlayer support team directly and have just got the following response by email:

“ Hello Dave,

Thanks for contacting BBC iPlayer Support. We understand you're unable to access UHD content through iPlayer on your Humax Aura set top box.

We've raised this issue with our engineers who have been able to identify a recent change which may have caused the issue.

We're currently investigating and working with Humax on a fix. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that I've made your feedback available to the BBC iPlayer product team, including the Head of iPlayer via our audience feedback report. These reports help us to shape future decisions on our product and output.”

Hopefully this will get fixed in due course.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 13:53:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DaveLloyd - 7 hours ago  » 
    We're currently investigating and working with Humax on a fix. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that I've made your feedback available to the BBC iPlayer product team, including the Head of iPlayer via our audience feedback report. These reports help us to shape future decisions on our product and output.”
    Hopefully this will get fixed in due course.

It is rather satisfying when somebody thanks you for reporting a problem and tells you that it will be fixed.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 21:15:14 #4 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I had a tweet from Humax this morning saying to try Blue Planet 2. I notice that the UHD labels are back and Blue Planet 2 plays in glorious UHD

| Fri 6 Aug 2021 9:56:57 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Search UHD and there are 9 different programmes/series to watch I think.

| Fri 6 Aug 2021 10:06:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveLloyd

Glad to know it’s working again

| Fri 6 Aug 2021 10:54:08 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.