My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

BBC One News accurate recording problems

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Over the last ten days I have noticed problems with accurate recording on the BBC News on BBC One at 1pm and at 10pm. The recording of the main news over the ten day period is the nominal schedule length of 30 minutes and often loses the last three minutes or so of content. The following local news recording starts immediately after the main news finishes (so contains the missing material) but the finishing time is not always correct. I assume this may be a regional issue but I wondered if anybody else was seeing this problem? I am recording in SD from the Chesterfield transmitter.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 11:51:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have set a recording on FVP-5000T (Lark Stoke transmitter) for 1pm news on channel 1 on FVP-5000T and on HDR-1000S 101. Will post outcome later.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 12:02:00 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 43 minutes ago  » 
    I have set a recording on FVP-5000T (Lark Stoke transmitter) for 1pm news on channel 1 on FVP-5000T and on HDR-1000S 101. Will post outcome later.

Ditto - Caradon Hill (south west)

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 12:45:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Certainly for the six-o-clock news the accurate recording is bang on. It records every day of the week and I haven't encountered any issues - Sutton Coldfield

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 15:00:48 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 53 seconds ago  » 
    Certainly for the six-o-clock news the accurate recording is bang on. It records every day of the week and I haven't encountered any issues - Sutton Coldfield

My transmitter Lark Stoke is a Sutton Coldfield relay. On both Freeview and Freesat recording terminated during the piece about the new weather graphics losing the end. Both recorded 13:00 - 13:30 programme over ran 13:30. I didn't record the regional news so not sure how much was actually lost.

I have set same for 18:00 and added Midlands Today afterwards.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 15:05:25 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I recorded local news as well

According to my recordings some 3 mins 50 seconds lost.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 15:47:49 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have noticed on all BBC recordings recently that accurate recording now seem to cut in at the start of the promos rather on the BBC logo immediately before. Whether this is a mistake or a policy decision I don't know. It would see more likely to get viewers to watch the promos than if they were tacked onto the end of the recording as before.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 15:53:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I recorded local news as well
    According to my recordings some 3 mins 50 seconds lost.

Thanks Barry and Graham, I saw exactly the same; the mains news was exactly 30 minutes and the last three minutes were tacked on to the regional news. So this isn't a problem on a single region. Can someone suggest the best point of contact for me to report this to the BBC?

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 16:20:11 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 

Not so tonight in SD

Freeview and freesat missed start and has 1 minute of local news at end.

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 23:07:28 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ditto for me.

Freesat News At Six started on Freesat at 17.59 and recorded for 29.58M missed a bit of the start and switched to Midlands Today without the splash screen and continued for 49 seconds.

Midlands Today reports start at 18:30 and recorded for 27.58 minutes

Complete programme recorded including opening splash screen so both were recording at the same time.

Freeview similar but started recording News At Six at 18:00 for 30 mins also had start of Midlands Today minus splash screen.

Midlands Today started recording at 18:30 and stopped at 18:58

Splash screen at start recorded so like Freesat the recordings overlap.

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 10:56:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.