My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

BBC One News accurate recording problems

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

The 10pm News correctly started recording 2 minutes late (because of the football) but only recorded for 30 minutes and lost the last 5 minutes of the program which was present on the recording of the regional news. The regional news recording stopped during the regional weather and the national weather was lost.

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 11:28:55 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well unfortunately I can't provide any info at all. The wife informed me this morning that she has been 'helping me out' by clearing some space on the HDD deleting programmes we have already watched.

Then she said I have deleted the 14 BBC News programmes as well, as there's no point keeping old news.

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 12:29:07 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have checked last night's news at six BBC1 SD 'Freeview' and I can confirm AR missed the 'lead in music' plus a short amount of 'what's coming up' before the main news item, so about a minute.

At the end of the news followed a full two minutes of regional news, so yes something is definitely amiss with AR.

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 17:24:16 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HDR-1000S Moving On BBC 1 HD failed to stop recording today. Only way to stop it was put box in sby and reboot. Escape to the country which follows recorded from the beginning so until I rebooted they were both recording at the same time,

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 18:18:00 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I have reported my problems to the BBC but I did it by making a comment as I couldn't find anywhere to raise an issue about a transmission problem. Grateful if somebody can point me in the right direction?

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 18:44:28 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I have reported my problems to the BBC but I did it by making a comment as I couldn't find anywhere to raise an issue about a transmission problem. Grateful if somebody can point me in the right direction?

I filled in a complaint form on this site. You answer lots of questions but eventually you get to a decent sized text box to properly explain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Other than the acknowledgement so far not had a reply. The offending CRID however was fixed the same day on both Freeview and Freesat.

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 19:11:02 #16 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Then she said I have deleted the 14 BBC News programmes as well, as there's no point keeping old news.

So what are you going to eat your chips out of now?

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 23:01:26 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 18 minutes ago  » 

So what are you going to eat your chips out of now?

Nice one. Mind you it's not only the BBC that are having issues - I'm having a few issues with this forum loading very slowly for some reason. Chrome appears to be worse than Edge or FF though myhumax is not speedy on any browser at present.

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 23:23:32 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Moving On again failed to stop recording and required reboot. As it's not on next week and no content lost no point in pursuing it further unless I find same on another recording.

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 17:19:55 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    Moving On again failed to stop recording and required reboot. As it's not on next week and no content lost no point in pursuing it further unless I find same on another recording.

I'm finding AR has gone completely to pot the last few days. Not only has the lead in to the news been missed but the end was also cut off. A number of other programmes also cut e.g. Countryfile, Room 101 and many others, all BBC.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 19:43:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.