My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

BBC One News accurate recording problems

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    Moving On again failed to stop recording and required reboot. As it's not on next week and no content lost no point in pursuing it further unless I find same on another recording.

I'm finding AR has gone completely to pot the last few days. Not only has the lead in to the news been missed but the end was also cut off. A number of other programmes also cut e.g. Countryfile, Room 101 and many others, all BBC.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 19:44:35 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

My impression is that accurate recording across BBC One is not working but then I don't currently record much content so my sample is quite limited.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 19:46:14 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    Moving On again failed to stop recording and required reboot. As it's not on next week and no content lost no point in pursuing it further unless I find same on another recording.

I'm finding AR has gone completely to pot the last few days. Not only has the lead in to the news been missed but the end was also cut off. A number of other programmes also cut e.g. Countryfile, Room 101 and many others, all BBC.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 22:32:34 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just booted my HDR-1000S, lost most of the epg and both recordings have failed. ITV-HD 20:00 and ITV+1 at 20:15 the latter wasn't even set. The Voice on BBC 1 HD no sign of it.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 22:43:30 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Watching Young Victoria film on BBC2-HD from the beginning. Looks interesting. Pressed the instant recording button. On screen confirmation that the recording has started, no recording in the list.

What on Earth has happened to destroy what was a pretty reliable system ?

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 23:17:28 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

just checked again Young Victoria is still recording according to the epg. looking at the current schedule - no such recording exists.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 23:31:51 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I don't know what's going on Graham but AR has come completely unglued. I've tried it on Freesat, Freeview and Youview and it's the same across the three players.

The only prog that has recorded accurately is on More4 'Walks with my Dog'. All my other recordings have been on the beeb, albeit different channels. All have missed the opening credits, most have gone beyond the normal end time, though tonight's early evening news cut both the beginning and end off.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 23:35:45 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Checking on a HB 1100S it appears that the majority of now/next data is missing scroll to later in epg and it appears to be populated.

As for Young Victoria, instant record would not work but scroll to later in epg and it has accepted the record command and appears in recordings list.

| Sat 10 Feb 2018 23:37:15 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 
    Checking on a HB 1100S it appears that the majority of now/next data is missing scroll to later in epg and it appears to be populated.
    As for Young Victoria, instant record would not work but scroll to later in epg and it has accepted the record command and appears in recordings list.

But that doesn't really explain the poor implementation of AR over the last week or so? Something appears to have gone badly wrong with what until now has been a very reliable system.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 9:50:11 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Still no improvement with AR, the majority of the problems appear to be with the BBC, either that or it's because we record more BBC programmes than any other channel.

Freesat, Freeview Play, Freeview and Youview are all similarly affected. On average I would estimate we are losing the first 60 to 90 seconds from the beginning of each BBC recording.

Total rubbish.

P.S. I have emailed the BBC for an explanation - awaiting a response.

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 23:26:49 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.