My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iplayer Ireland

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

D Love

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle! I'll try and keep it short. I live in Ireland and am looking at buying the HDR 1100S. As is probably common knowledge the uk players aren't supported. I have been told this 'geo-blocking' can be by passed upon startup by inputting a uk postcode. My question is, is this possible and if not is there another way around this annoyance. Oh and almost forgot does this box support the RTE player in Ireland? Many thanks for any information, it is appreciated.

| Sat 16 Apr 2016 21:40:03 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

You probably can put in a UK postcode, but when you try and access any programmes on iPlayer, it will detect that you have a non-UK broadband connection and it won't let you play anything. It used to be possible to use a VPN service to get around this, but these are increasingly being blocked.

| Sat 16 Apr 2016 23:15:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

D Love

Thanks for replying. Yeah I was thinking it would be nigh on impossible. Oh well maybe back to the drawing board. Thanks again.

| Sun 17 Apr 2016 15:09:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

D Love - 2 days ago  » 
    My question is, is this possible and if not is there another way around this annoyance. Oh and almost forgot does this box support the RTE player in Ireland? Many thanks for any information, it is appreciated.

The UK postcode only defines the BBC/ITV regions you will get.
    However I have the 1100s, live in Ireland and can watch BBC iPlayer on it. As Freetime is a UK based service there is no RTE player on it.

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 16:34:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Danni,can u p.m me and instruct me,as I can't get iPlayer etc,thanks

| Fri 29 Apr 2016 6:29:33 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.