My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC programme alerts

(8 posts)
  1. Corrigap

Corrigap

Not sure if the title is a good description ...

I mean the strap along the bottom of the screen on BBC channels when a programme was being trailed so that it could be set to record or produce a reminder just by pressing a couple of buttons, and not needing to go into the EPG.

Anybody else missing these?

I've unplugged my box and restarted it but that hasn't made any difference, not seen any of these for at least 3 weeks now. Was it just a trial perhaps?

| Tue 11 Apr 2017 17:22:30 #1 |
  2. Corrigap

Corrigap

anybody?

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 5:44:00 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I have never seen such an option, just the ticker tape giving news updates. I do occasionally get a "Book Me" icon at the top of the screen which I have to say I have never used. I think that might be an easy way to record a programme. This is on a 4000T. R-

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 6:21:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I believe the broadcaster, BBC, transmits the meta-data that enables that function for a pgm. There seems to be periods when you get regular "reminder" banners then periods when there are none. It's down to the BBC.

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 8:35:45 #4 |
  5. Corrigap

Corrigap

There seems to be periods when you get regular "reminder" banners then periods when there are none. It's down to the BBC.

Yes, I do realize that, I'm mainly wondering why it's been so long now, at least 5 weeks. It's never been anywhere near that long before between alerts.

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 9:55:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

If my understanding is correct that it is meta-data transmitted by the BBC, then you need to ask the BBC. I myself recall seeing a "reminder" banner in the past few weeks.

| Sat 29 Apr 2017 10:08:01 #6 |
  7. Corrigap

Corrigap

ok, thanks, I wonder which department I should approach?

| Sun 30 Apr 2017 7:56:59 #7 |
  8. Corrigap

Corrigap

Just received a reply from the Beeb about the topic of this thread;

In brief, the service (as a part of the BBC's interactive data provision) was discontinued earlier this year as a result of rationalisation, in turn due to it not being evident to the corporation that this service was widely being used.

Apparently, I'm the only person to have queried this so far, thus bearing out the reason given for the discontinuation.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 17:58:01 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.