My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

BBC screws up Xmas special of SCD

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Two recordings today for 106 BBC 1 HD ENGLAND and 971 BBC 1 HD Wales.

Both recordings show as active in recordings list. Only the 106 epg entry has the recording flag. Clearly a firmware bug irrespective of the crid issue.

| Thu 16 Jan 2020 13:28:37 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Seems the Humax G2 boxes are not fully compliant with the Freesat spec, which confirms a earlier post by Luke,

Text of reply from the BBC.

Dear Mr Thompson,

We have made changes to series links over the past year as part of our re-engineering. We agree with your observation that the same programme on different BBC regional variants use the same CRID, which is entirely allowable by the Freesat specification. The programme CRIDs are the same, so the receiver has everything it needs to determine that the programmes are the same so should only record one of them. The receiver is meant to try and record from the version of the channel where the recording was set.

We do this on every programme, but the dual recording only seems to be happening to a minority of viewers inconsistently, which points to a receiver issue. Unfortunately, we cannot reverse this change as doing so would break the series links for every viewer of every programme.

We hope that this helps to answer your query.

Yours sincerely,

Can only suggest that Humax Freesat box owners delete all the unwanted Nation-HD channels.

I doubt Humax will offer a maintenance update.

| Fri 24 Jan 2020 20:06:20 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 mnths ago  » 

Something wierd happening - the image I posted isn't the same. I will try and find it again

| Sun 5 Apr 2020 12:28:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Something wierd happening - the image I posted isn't the same. I will try and find it again

It is the same image that I was puzzled about when a first saw it later on the day that you posted it.

| Sun 5 Apr 2020 15:40:30 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Not sure what happened. I found the correct image in my download folder and renamed it,

It is the same image that I was puzzled about when a first saw it later on the day that you posted it.

Attachments

1. All_4_Strictly_Nations_Scheduled.jpg (433.2 KB, 2 downloads) 4 years old
    | Sun 5 Apr 2020 17:26:30 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BBC has done it again. Bargain Hunt transmitted a single 20 years special yesterday.

They have now converted it into new series with 5 episodes. Because it's a new series CRID todays failed to record. I had to set a new series from episode 2 tomorrow.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 14:53:10 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.