My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

BBC screws up Xmas special of SCD

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Despite recording the whole series on a Foxsat-HDR, and checking todays episode was included in the schedule it failed to record because the BBC changed once again changed the CRID's to cause the Foxsat-HDR to attempt to record from the 4 nation channels at the same time, which of course failed.

This is despite repeated attempts to tell them about this issue.

There does not appear to be repeat showing.

| Wed 25 Dec 2019 20:24:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Evidence

Attachments

1. SCD.jpg (447.9 KB, 38 downloads) 4 years old
    | Wed 25 Dec 2019 20:33:46 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Complaint to BBC

Incorrect Series CRID codeing failing recordings
    Please enter your complaint This is a follow up to a issue I raised a while ago. The BBC now appear unable to properly provide series recordings content reference id codes (CRIDS) to ensure owners of Humax Freesat boxes are able to properly follow content that is transmitted on the 4 Nation-HD channels. I have succesfully recorded all the current Strictly Come Dancing series on a first generation Humax Foxsat-HDR and checked that todays Xmas special was part of the same series. It failed to record because the CRID codeing has been changed such that todays episode was scheduled to record on all 4 Nation HD channels at the same time. As the box can only record two at the same time it clearly failed. This will affected many thousands of Freesat+ pvr owners and as there is no repeat there is no way to view again. Support for iplayer was withdrawn some time ago. As all previous episodes recorded OK there is clearly a technical issue with whoever is responsible for the series CRID codeing. Suggest you arrange to to transmit a repeat or expect a major backlash from viewers. Like many I was not at home today while visiting family so no way to check.

I imagine this will have affected many members with Freesat boxes.

So if affected please complain.

| Wed 25 Dec 2019 21:03:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Interestingly this problem did not happen with this programme on my FVP5000T. Strictly Christmas Special recorded OK. But I set this particular episode to record from the guide the previous day. Did you perhaps rely on the series recording capability from the main Strictly series earlier on this year? Specials often have a different CRID. I will be interested to learn what the BBC reply.

| Sat 28 Dec 2019 9:29:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

GrahamRHK - 36 mins ago  » 
    Interestingly this problem did not happen with this programme on my FVP5000T. Strictly Christmas Special recorded OK. But I set this particular episode to record from the guide the previous day. Did you perhaps rely on the series recording capability from the main Strictly series earlier on this year? Specials often have a different CRID. I will be interested to learn what the BBC reply.

Graham was attempting to record on Freesat (which can access 4 versions of BBC1) so the problem would not have manifest itself on the 5000T.

| Sat 28 Dec 2019 10:08:12 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GrahamRHK - 40 mins ago  » 

It can only happen on a Freesat box. On a terrestrial box you don't have access to all the 4 Nations HD channel. BBC1-HD England BBC-1-HD BBC1-HD Wales and BBC 1-HD Scotland. See the schedule in post 2. The box was attempting to record from the following channels at the same time. You will normally have only one depending on which is your local transmitter.

106 973 976 and 978

Yes the schedule was carried over from the previous series recordings (which all worked correctly) I checked the recording a few days before and it was fine. At some time some idiot changed recording crids such that all 4 channels were selected. This would only be detected when the box woke to attempt record all 4 channels. If I had been there at the time I could have manually made the recording.

| Sat 28 Dec 2019 10:16:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

It can only happen on a Freesat box. On a terrestrial box you don't have access to all the 4 Nations HD channel.

OK - I get it. I hadn't understood the original problem

| Sat 28 Dec 2019 15:49:13 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Well had no reply at all.

I have one extra nation-HD left on my G2 BOX. 972 BBC-1 HD Scotland.

So far this has not created an an issue.

Last night's Call The Midwife recorded on 972 and 106. By sheer luck and foresight (transferred most recordings to FVP-5000T. It did not create a problem.

Only user fix appears to be delete all nation HD channels other than your own on both G1 and G2 freesat boxes.

If and when the new Arris G3 BOX with multituner recording arrives, can't wait to see if BBC recordings produce recordings produce recordings from all Nation-HD channels at the same time.

If so then perhaps the BBC will get the message

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 20:40:23 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just had a reply from the BBC. They state that the same series cried was used for all broadcasts of SCD. They are unable to state why the problem only affected the Xmas day special. They are still looking into it. I have submitted a new complaint re the Sunday Call the midwife issue. I have left the Scottish entry in my epg. The BOX schedule only contains one entry for next Sundays showing on 106. The epg however has a series recording flag on 973 BBC 1 Scotland HD. Guessing it will record both again.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 12:54:25 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just set a test recording today's Lunch
    Time Bargain Hunt. A second recording flag has appeared on 976 BBC one Wal HD. No second recording was made.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 13:17:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.