My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC4 HD recording error?

(27 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

srichards - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I'd check for the programme on iplayer.
    If it's in eco mode I'd switch it over to normal as eco mode has always been at the bottom of quite a lot of the previous humax gremlins.

All of my Humax boxes have always used low power sby. I can't recollect a single issue related to this.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 14:21:36 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 26 minutes ago  » 

srichards - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I'd check for the programme on iplayer.
    If it's in eco mode I'd switch it over to normal as eco mode has always been at the bottom of quite a lot of the previous humax gremlins.

All of my Humax boxes have always used low power sby. I can't recollect a single issue related to this.

Ditto, currently 10 units (freesat and freeview) connected all in low power sby.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 14:50:22 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

micmac

I may be wrong, but I always assumed the broken recording icon appeared with power loss or crash, but also when I have too many shows recording. I have padding on front and end of each recording and so there can be quite an overlap. If I'm recording a couple of shows back to back I can easily exceed the 4 recordings limit. As the new recording waits for a recorder to become free it hasn't recorded the whole show as requested or if a show is truncated early, in this case it displays the icon The show is still there but may be missing the first bit or last bit of the recording.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 16:43:43 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

micmac - 18 minutes ago  » 
    I may be wrong, but I always assumed the broken recording icon appeared with power loss or crash, but also when I have too many shows recording. I have padding on front and end of each recording and so there can be quite an overlap. If I'm recording a couple of shows back to back I can easily exceed the 4 recordings limit. As the new recording waits for a recorder to become free it hasn't recorded the whole show as requested or if a show is truncated early, in this case it displays the icon The show is still there but may be missing the first bit or last bit of the recording.

I have loads when there was only 1 or 2 recordings. No actual programme content is missing.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 17:02:52 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

micmac - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have padding on front and end of each recording and so there can be quite an overlap.

Generally speaking using padding causes more problems than it solves. However at the moment BBC seem to have an ongoing problem with accurate recording so now probably isn't the time to start experimenting.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 19:07:33 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I've noticed a big improvement with accurate record since the closing ceremony of the winter Olympics - I smell a rat.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 23:38:43 #26 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

micmac - 18 minutes ago  » 

I have loads when there was only 1 or 2 recordings. No actual programme content is missing.

I get the broken recording icon and I don’t have padding recording on so I don’t think it is that. I seem to get quite a lot on BBC4 which often play ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Wed 7 Mar 2018 10:33:24 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.