My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

BBC4 HD recording error?

(27 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

AJ - 2 hours ago  » 
    I get the failed to record screen a fair bit but the programmes are always there, none of these are from BBC Four.
    I’m sure I saw a green record icon for something the other day! If I see one again I’ll mention it.

That's my experience as well. Playing back a few seconds of affected recordings and stopping playback always removes the broken icon. I just ignore them now.

I get the broken recording icon too. Usual ok after playing. But since new update I have had an actual 0 min recording on bbc4 on both 4000t and fox T2 on same documentary about Elvis Costello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 8:48:45 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As it happened on both boxes must be a broadcaster issue. Was the programme actually transmitted ?

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 10:26:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    As it happened on both boxes must be a broadcaster issue. Was the programme actually transmitted ?

Or neither box has been retuned to the new BBC4HD frequency?

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 12:39:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

srichards

I did a smart retune last week. It's the same after. I think I had the box after 18th January anyway so it would have picked up the change when I first had it. That was recording Modus series on a Saturday and also the Synth Britannia thing which was on in the week. Modus was the same before and after the retune. All programmes have played back.

I also now realise I had a funny recording of Room 101. It was set to series record and got some Masterchef nonsense instead.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 12:45:07 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 32 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Or neither box has been retuned to the new BBC4HD frequency?

I doubt you could have set a recording from the epg where would the crid's come from ?

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 13:13:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

When the BBC4HD retunes first started, I recall an instance when I knew I had a program set for series record and it was shown as set in the schedule but was not shown as set on the epg. When I tried to set the recording again I was told there was a conflict. When I scrolled to the end of the channels list BBC4HD was there in the high 790's (iirc). Deleting this allowed me to reset the recording but this ended up with the series recorded as two separate entries in the recordings list. So I wonder, had I left things as they were, would my box have tried to record something that wasn't there?

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 13:38:33 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ_T

[quote] I had a funny recording of Room 101. It was set to series record and got some Masterchef nonsense instead.[quote]

The reason you didn't get Room 101 last week was that the One Show was extended to an hour and therefore Masterchef was 30 minutes late starting and they postponed the Room 101 episode.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 13:43:48 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

AJ_T - 1 minute ago  » 
    [quote] I had a funny recording of Room 101. It was set to series record and got some Masterchef nonsense instead.
    The reason you didn't get Room 101 last week was that the One Show was extended for an hour and therefore Masterchef was 30 minutes late starting and they postponed the Room 101 episode.

So "the beast from the east" affected more than just the roads then, lol.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 13:46:12 #18 |
  9. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I did ask the freeview help on Twitter and they said they ‘believed ‘ it was broadcast as it was listed in several guides, but I am not so sure. I still get the broken recording symbol with various yellow text explanations about not being broadcast or power failure. They are usual ok once played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 13:51:12 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

srichards

I'd check for the programme on iplayer.

If it's in eco mode I'd switch it over to normal as eco mode has always been at the bottom of quite a lot of the previous humax gremlins.

| Tue 6 Mar 2018 14:17:40 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.