My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Beset with problems

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

I've had my box for about a month now. The problems I've had so far:

1) It wouldn't switch on while in recording mode. I contacted Humax who told me not to keep pressing the power button as it would send confusing messages to the machine. I should just press it once. I followed their advice and now find that I can mostly get it to come on, but it usually takes several attempts.

2) On one occasion it simply refused to switch on at all even though it wasn't recording anything at the time. I had to unplug it from the wall before I could get it to work.

3) The other night it switched itself off in the middle of a recording.

4) On Demand now won't work - it tells me my LAN connection is OK but there's no internet connection. There is. After asking it to retry anything up to 8 times it tells me that I'm connected but as soon as I go back to On Demand it reverts back to no internet connection. On Demand had been working fine prior to this but as of writing I'm completely unable to use it.

The box I've got is obviously not fit for purpose and I wondering if I should simply return it and try another make or get a replacement 4000T.

| Sun 29 May 2016 20:58:49 #1 |
  2. Dazza1969

Dazza1969

I'm having the same number 4 problems. Have you had any luck fixing this problem?

| Sun 29 May 2016 22:33:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bee2

I've got problem 4 as well. As we all have the same symptoms perhaps the problem is not in our boxes but at the other end of the internet connection.

| Sun 29 May 2016 22:48:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

keef1461

Also experiencing internet connection problem tonight. Driving me nuts....

| Sun 29 May 2016 23:28:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

I was also having the same problem as number 4.

I was connected by Ethernet cable, and even though it said it was connected it wasn't working. So I unplugged the cable, connected wirelessly and voilla, temporarily solved for me.

| Mon 30 May 2016 1:38:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

keef1461

keef1461 - 8 hours ago  » 
    Also experiencing internet connection problem tonight. Driving me nuts....

...and it's absolutely fine this morning....

| Mon 30 May 2016 7:43:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Is the 4000T Humax's most problematic PVR to date? Answers on a postcard to ...................

| Mon 30 May 2016 15:47:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

It's not just the main problems, either. I've been getting some really odd, one off problems from this box. If anything, the update made things worse.

After reading some of the problems, I thought there had to be some exaggeration going on. But as time goes on, I'm thinking it's the opposite. Then when you see how long this box has been out, it worries me that the box is never going to be working right.

| Mon 30 May 2016 17:51:29 #8 |
  9. prking

prking

Since the new update (see my posts in the new software thread) I've had the problem where the box thinks its not connected and there's nothing you can do other than wait and it will magically start working again.

(As number 4 above).

I've tried the box on more than one network and in a completely different location. I'm convinced the problem is with the method the box is using to check it's connected to the internet. I'm guessing its pinging a server somewhere which is either overloaded or down frequently.

| Mon 30 May 2016 20:37:55 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

prking - 4 hours ago  » I'm convinced the problem is with the method the box is using to check it's connected to the internet. I'm guessing its pinging a server somewhere which is either overloaded or down frequently.

Sunday evening's issue it was effecting more than just the Humax FVP-4000T. There were reports of both the HDR-2000T and the HDR-FOX T2 contacting the server but not being recognised as permitted devices.

| Tue 31 May 2016 1:23:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.