My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Best non Freesat channels?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

I've just found the non FreeSat mode under System Settings | STB Mode, and after scanning, have discovered hundreds of channels.

1. Is there any kind of EPG or menu, that lists the non-Freesat channels? I guess a non-Freesat satellite box might have been better at this?

2. Is there a website which lists the best non-Freesat channels, or are they all shopping/gambling channels?

3. The channels appear to start at 5000. Is this arbitrary, in which case, how do I find the channel number of a channel I might actually want to view?

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 14:21:47 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Non freesat mode is a bit of a mess at moment and I don't think there are currently any plans for any improvement.
    There's no channel guide at all, it's just a process of using channel up and down to scroll through until you find what your after.

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 14:30:17 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To answer your other question. The channel numbers are allocated in the order they get scanned in starting at 5000 (It's the freesat epg that gives you the channel numbers not the broadcast). Normally you can change them but it appears that this is missing from this box.

Rather than scan all transponders (which duplicates all the ones you have in Freesat mode anyway) I would read through the KOS listing I added to my post and make a note of the transponders of interest.

Delete all the non-freesat ones. Now individually select the transponders you really want to scan and add them one at a time.

Hopefully a future firmware upgrade will restore the ability to allocate your own numbers in the 5000+ range.

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 14:38:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Thanks for that. Do Humax have a way to contact them about enhancements?

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 15:06:36 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iantresman - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that. Do Humax have a way to contact them about enhancements?

Barry will likely mention it to Humax Towers (If not already mentioned )

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 15:23:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

It seems that on the HB 1000S, when you scan all non-Freesat channels, it scans only the Astra/Eutelsat satellites at 28.2E, and ignores everything else.

If I go into the hidden menu (described here) and select a specific satellite, then I can get the odd extra channel.

It would also make sense if it defaulted to Free To Air channels, as there is no possibility of decoding anything else.

While I appreciated that the HB-1000S is an economical device, it shouldn't be cheap, as this might give the wrong impression of Humax.

| Mon 16 Dec 2013 19:41:51 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.