My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Best option for transferring files from Fox T2

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

joecav

Hi all

for some time now I've been transferring files from my 9200T based in the UK, so I can move them across the ocean to Brazil. My preferred method has been to remove the Humax drive, connect it to a PC and use the RW program to transfer files to a USB disk attached to the same PC. The external disk then travels to Brazil where I can watch via a PC linked to the TV.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the HD-FOX T2 with 1tb disk.

Can anyone advise on the best way to achieve the same objective for programmes recorded on the HD-FOX T2 ? What are mmy options ?

Many thanks

Joe

| Fri 24 Feb 2012 23:27:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

joecav - 41 minutes ago  » 
    I'm thinking about upgrading to the HD-FOX T2 with 1tb disk.

Do you mean HD-FOX T2 (which uses an external USB drive for recording) or the HDR-FOX T2 which has an internal drive like the 9200T? All content on the HD is encrypted and it is not particularly straight forward to persuade the HD to remove the encryption. With the HDR the encryption for standard definition recordings can be removed by simply copying to an attached USB drive.

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 0:13:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

joecav

Hi

thanks for such a fast reply. Sorry for the confusion over model numbers.

I think the HDR is the better recording option for me as it has dual tuners, which I've found so useful in the past.

But if I then copy recordings to an external USB drive from the HDR, are you saying I can only view SD recordings and not HD ones ? And that I can then view these SD recordings using other hardware, such as a laptop and/or a suitable TV ?

Do I also understand you correctly that the HD ones be transferred but cannot be read by any other hardware/software combination ?

Many thanks for helping clarify these questions.

Best regards

Joe

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 1:37:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

joecav - 8 hours ago  » 
    thanks for such a fast reply. Sorry for the confusion over model numbers.

Don't worry it happens all the time but as there are crucial differences it is important to clarify at the outset.

But if I then copy recordings to an external USB drive from the HDR, are you saying I can only view SD recordings and not HD ones ? And that I can then view these SD recordings using other hardware, such as a laptop and/or a suitable TV ?

Yes you can view the recordings on a PC using a suitable player such as VLC or Splash. You need to research whether the recordings will play on a particular device but they will play on many other devices.

Do I also understand you correctly that the HD ones be transferred but cannot be read by any other hardware/software combination ?

There are ways of viewing the HD recordings but you are then getting into slightly choppy waters about DRM issues. If you want to understand the possibilities then you need to head over to hummy.tv as such discussions are frowned on in this Forum.

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 10:45:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.