My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

'Best PVR for 2018' Just Got Better!

(15 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Had an email from Humax today claiming 'Best PVR for 2018' Just Got Better!

Hoping this was finally the news that all the bugs were fixed I clicked on the link only to find I could have £30 off.

I don't know if What-HiFi were given a special version of the 5000T to test which was a bit quicker and reliable? Some pre-release firmware?

Humax should read a few of the reviews on the sale site, some make very interesting reading. Humax 5000T Sale Site

| Wed 10 Oct 2018 13:00:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I got the same email - I like you was expecting great things until I opened it, and I don't even own a 5000T.

| Wed 10 Oct 2018 15:13:02 #2 |
  3. mickiow

mickiow

I too received this email, and was interested in what the improvements were !I bought a 4000T just before they launched the 5000T.
    On the 2nd day the power failed, they sent a 2nd hand one as replacement, so I ended up getting my money back.

Then bought a 5000T at Curry's despite re factory setting and of course the updates, it still at times re boots so all recordings at the time is lost and freezes up with the same result.
    Mick.

| Fri 12 Oct 2018 9:56:25 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickiow - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I too received this email, and was interested in what the improvements were !I bought a 4000T just before they launched the 5000T.
    On the 2nd day the power failed, they sent a 2nd hand one as replacement, so I ended up getting my money back.
    Then bought a 5000T at Curry's despite re factory setting and of course the updates, it still at times re boots so all recordings at the time is lost and freezes up with the same result.
    Mick.

It takes a while after a boot for the recordings list to populate. If you leave it for 2 or 3 minutes so far on my box they have always returned. Not had any issues with the box rebooting when on.

| Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:03:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I don't know if it's my imagination, but these particular units i.e. 4000T/5000T appear to have quite a few issues. I base this simply on the amount of posts on this forum reporting faults.

| Fri 12 Oct 2018 23:11:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Yes Faust it does seem as if they do have a fair few issues but then I guess on a forum like this we're all more likely to be looking for help with problems, than saying how amazing the kit is

I've had issues with mine but then equally there are good features and qualities to it also.

I find generally with everything new lately there seems to be something a bit iffy with it, seems like the modern way, I sound much older than my 33 years there don't I?!

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 14:15:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

I bought my 5000 based on reviews and my old 9150 thinking it was going to be an excellent product, but I've been left wondering how the reviews
    seem to have completely left out the glaring short-comings, you'd think with all of Humax's experience the software would be well written, this feels like someones first attempt.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 14:25:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

jaeger - 14 minutes ago  » ...you'd think with all of Humax's experience the software would be well written, this feels like someones first attempt.

It may well be. The Freesat/Humax s/w for the 1000S was contracted out to a 3rd party by Freesat and took around 2 years to bed down and be stable. Although still a long way from perfect. The Freesat s/w was offered to the Digital TV Consortium for use in the FVP boxes, such as the 5000T, and was rejected in favour of again contracting out. Result is another mish-mash that appears to be worse than the past s/w releases. Given that Humax got into bed with this business model seems to have written their suicide note as a business.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 14:45:46 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Well said Pollensa. I once asked a techie chap to assist with some surround sound equipment set-up and when I told him I had a Humax 9300T he suggested that I had the "bees knees". I fear that is the case no longer. My 4KT is OK but not as stable or easy to drive as the 9300T was. I miss the clock on the front. R-

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 15:00:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 
    I bought my 5000 based on reviews and my old 9150.

I had a 9300t, which I believe was very similar to the 9150. I loved it and assumed there would be a similar one (but more modern) now but there didn't seem to be apart from the 2000t which had so many bad reviews I avoided it.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 15:48:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.