My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

'Best PVR for 2018' Just Got Better!

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Christina2018 - 1 day ago  » 

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 
    I bought my 5000 based on reviews and my old 9150.

I had a 9300t, which I believe was very similar to the 9150. I loved it and assumed there would be a similar one (but more modern) now but there didn't seem to be apart from the 2000t which had so many bad reviews I avoided it.

I have a 2000T in retirement. Definitely a product built by bean counters. My opinion, Humax’s dirty little secret.

| Mon 15 Oct 2018 19:43:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Faust - 22 hours ago  » 

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 

I had a 9300t, which I believe was very similar to the 9150. I loved it and assumed there would be a similar one (but more modern) now but there didn't seem to be apart from the 2000t which had so many bad reviews I avoided it.

I have a 2000T in retirement. Definitely a product built by bean counters. My opinion, Humax’s dirty little secret.

I kept reading everyone was having problems with the sound- was that the same with you?

| Tue 16 Oct 2018 18:14:05 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Christina2018 - 39 minutes ago  » 
    I kept reading everyone was having problems with the sound- was that the same with you?

We used to have occasional problems with the sound but otherwise works OK for my partners requirements; the sound problem was fixed by the latest software update.

| Tue 16 Oct 2018 18:56:17 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Christina2018 - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 22 hours ago  » 

jaeger - 1 hour ago  » 

I had a problem both with sound and picture when I first purchased it. Mine definitely didn't like being connected via a HDMI hub. It also didn't like its HDMI lead near any other cabling.

I tried connecting the HDMI lead directly to the TVs HDMI port and tidied up the cabling and this cured many of the issues with mine.

However, I believe the real permanent cure for our 2000T was to use a passive splitter rather than relying on the units pass-thru facility which has always been a bit iffy. The pass-thru was a firmware solution post production as Humax didn't engineer one into the original units - more cost cutting.

| Tue 16 Oct 2018 22:20:34 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

I have had my 5000T for two days and to be honest I am not impressed. This replaced a 1800T but I feel that aspects of the 5000T are a backward step.
    On the plus side it is compact and has three tuners.
    But against that, the HDD is noisy, not massively so but in the bedroom at night it is noticeable and I have tinnitus.
    Who decided that channel icons in the EPG was the way to go?
    Changing channels is oh so slow, almost as though the box is thinking about what it needs to do. I delayed buying this box because I had seen complaints about this issue ages ago but I thought Humax would resolve it. But I should have remembered how long it took for Humax to issue a fix for the 1800T and the 2000T losing sound, an issue they had known about for a couple of years before finally resolving it.
    I find the font used in the menus is not crisp and sharp.

So on the noisy HDD alone it is going back and I don't think I want a replacement.

| Sat 24 Nov 2018 9:21:15 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.