My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Beyond frozen?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

m5rcc

I wonder if anyone can help as I fear my beloved 9200T has gone completely kaputt.

Switched on today to watch some TV. Loader loads as normal but it just stalls where it just shows the small, blue channel caption on the bottom and stalling. The LCD screen on the front of the Humax is completely blank where it would typically show the channel name.

The remote does not work nor do any of the buttons on the Humax itself. The remote does have fresh batteries and was working last night with no issues (as was the Humax for that matter).

I had switched off from the back and attempted to get onto the menu screen. I managed to get on to the menu screen before it defaulted to ITV1 but I cannot move the cursor onto installation or a default/factory reset.

I cannot perform a default reset as per the instructions here, nor am I able to do a Humaxcheck as per these instructions.

Could anyone advise with assistance? I doubt Humax would help as they appear to no longer support this device.

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 21:20:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

m5rcc - 56 minutes ago  » 
    I cannot perform a default reset as per the instructions here, nor am I able to do a Humaxcheck as per these instructions.

So what happens when you attempt those two procedures? One of them should fix the problem.

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 22:17:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

m5rcc

Martin Liddle - 8 minutes ago  » 

m5rcc - 56 minutes ago  » 

So what happens when you attempt those two procedures? One of them should fix the problem.

With the first solution, I am unable to select any of the menu options, such as installation.

With the second option, neither inserting the aerial on reboot nor holding standby on bootup does anything.

Just gives the impression its completely bricked, although the loader does load...

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 22:29:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

m5rcc - 29 minutes ago  » 
    With the first solution, I am unable to select any of the menu options, such as installation.
    With the second option, neither inserting the aerial on reboot nor holding standby on bootup does anything.

Inserting the aerial? The idea is to boot it up with the aerial removed because corrupt EPG data causes the box to freeze when it starts attempting to update the EPG. Doing a reset before inserting the aerial clears the corrupt data.

Just gives the impression its completely bricked, although the loader does load...

Have you tried the solution using humaxcheck? The alternative is to take the drive out and use a disk wiping utility to erase all the data and then let the 9200 format it again.

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 23:05:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

m5rcc

Martin Liddle - 17 minutes ago  » 

m5rcc - 29 minutes ago  » 

Inserting the aerial? The idea is to boot it up with the aerial removed because corrupt EPG data causes the box to freeze when it starts attempting to update the EPG. Doing a reset before inserting the aerial clears the corrupt data.

Have you tried the solution using humaxcheck? The alternative is to take the drive out and use a disk wiping utility to erase all the data and then let the 9200 format it again.

I can't do point 4: my Humax cannot go into a Default setting.

Point 5 says to insert the aerial on reboot, but I can;t get to that stage.

I can try removing the HDD and erasing...

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 23:24:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

m5rcc

I've uploaded to YouTube what is occurring (apologies to the poor video quality!!

I can't use Humaxcheck because the Humax is not recognised by the laptop at all as it just stalls as soon as it loads the loader.

| Tue 18 Mar 2014 23:32:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

m5rcc - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can't use Humaxcheck because the Humax is not recognised by the laptop at all as it just stalls as soon as it loads the loader.

You misunderstand; to use humaxcheck you must connect the drive to a PC not via the USB port on the Humax.

The easy way to see if it is worth spending more time on this is to disconnect the hard drive and power up the Humax without the drive. It should function as a non recording set top box and demonstrate that the problem is with the content of the hard drive.

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 1:27:35 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.