My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Blank EPG

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

On Saturday, I was without an EPG for hours! It was just blank. For some time now, the EPG will only display a full content for about 3 or 4 days, then bits & pieces for the days after that. I've done a few updates, & even a couple of default settings, but it just doesn't "populate" like it used to.
    Any ideas?

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 8:38:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 45 minutes ago  » 
    On Saturday, I was without an EPG for hours! It was just blank. For some time now, the EPG will only display a full content for about 3 or 4 days, then bits & pieces for the days after that. I've done a few updates, & even a couple of default settings, but it just doesn't "populate" like it used to.

Which Humax model do you have? What version of the software is it running?

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 9:24:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

it's a 9300, version a4.38

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 17:11:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 11 minutes ago  » 
    it's a 9300, version a4.38

a4.38 is the loader version; the main software version is shown by Menu>System>Status

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 17:24:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Sorry about that.
    It's UPTTF1.00.26

| Fri 11 Oct 2013 11:06:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The 9300T is not capable of storing all the epg that is transmitted.
    The first of the 9000 series was released in 2005 and back then there were no interactive chanells cluttering up the epg and there were less other channels broadcast.

The 9300T epg storage limit was breached in August/September of 2012. September 2012 was the month of the big freeview retune and this resulted in many PVRs picking up channels that they had not been tuned to and resulted in the epg limitations of the 9300T (and 9200T and 9150T) being more obvious.

With the epg storage limit it is preferable to be tuned to only one transmitter. If you have any duplicate channels then the epg storage will be further stressed.

To improve (but not fix) the situation please follow Biggles’s instructions for manual tuning. Follow Biggles’s instructions for manual tuning will get rid of any duplicate channels and thus free up some epg storage for storing useful epg entries.
    See this post for how to do this:
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

What will not help is deleting individual channels. (The Humaxs store epg data by mux groups and deleting just some channels will not alter how much the Humax will store behind the scenes.)

If after a few days of use the 9300T has not improved enough for you then redo the Biggles retune but miss out one of the frequencies. The following link lists which channels are associated with each mux. Choose the one to omit that you don’t mind not being able to watch. http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html

| Sat 12 Oct 2013 11:07:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I followed Biggles instructions first, before posting my problem. That Saturday was the worst it has ever been though. I checked with our other Humax, & although it hadn't populated fully, it was still loads better than the 9300 in the lounge.

I do delete any channels that aren't required though. It makes the EPG more compact & easier to peruse.

My latest problem is the bedroom Humax, a 9150. It's reluctant to switch on via the hand controller (but switches off OK) Also, some of the buttons take quite a few presses to work. It's under a 5 year G'tee so I'll probably take it back to the retailer.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 12:31:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

After a full retune it does take many hours to populate the epg as much as it is able to.

Do you switch your 9150/9300Ts to stand-by overnight? Switching the units into stand-by and then back on again fully releases the storage used by previous days’ epg entries.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 16:23:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

If you mean switching them off only via the hand controller, yes.
    Also, they switch on for a short time every morning at 4am! I was glad when the running time for the cooling fan was reduced.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 17:24:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Solved the 9150 controller problem. I had checked the batteries, & obtained a "full" reading, but I changed them for a new set & hey presto! It's working OK. I don't understand how some buttons worked, & others took quite a few presses to work. The on-off worked OK to switch off, but I usually had to use the box button to switch on.

| Wed 16 Oct 2013 15:46:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.