blank screen after channel change

(34 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

longlostpoet - 1 hour ago  » 
    file used on USB is:
    Application version: HPRSFCI 1.00.21

At a guess you have hide known file extensions selected in windows explorer. Change the view options as per this link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

The file you have is a firmware upgrade but it's likely to be a .zip archive with the actual update file (the one you need on the USB stick which is a file with a .hdf extension and a text .txt file with instructions. The .hdf file needs copying to a usb stick and ensure it's called

FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf

| Sat 3 Jan 2015 16:39:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

thanks,
    will try in the morning.
    have no access to TV as family members watching using the digi freeview setup.

| Sat 3 Jan 2015 17:42:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same with me. All channels black screen. Power off and on. Not doing factory reset because I have too much stuff recorded I don't want to lose.

A factory reset won't wipe your recordings and should be the 2nd thing to try following a proper power on/off if there are problems and on the latest software, the schedule will be lost though so take a note with a camera phone or notepad or similar. What can cause problems is the re-tune if the dish is slightly mis-aligned, a quick read through this forum explains the problem in detail and solutions.

Out of interest which version of software are you using on this box?

| Sat 3 Jan 2015 18:02:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

tried again this morning,
    ok for 2 channel changes, then blank screen.... as per...
    had to revert to digi freeview.
    am I now looking at a repair or is a new box the cheaper deal ?

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 10:00:07 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is the blank screen problem occur at random channels or do the channel numbers remain constant?

Did you manage to apply the reset file?

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 10:21:22 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

random channels.
    file uploaded onto new formatted 1GB USB stick.
    nothing happened when USB stick in tv and sleep button depressed for 30 seconds as instructed by Humax support.

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 13:05:07 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

longlostpoet - 3 minutes ago  » 
    random channels.
    nothing happened when USB stick in tv and sleep button depressed for 30 seconds as instructed by Humax support.

Where does the TV come into it ? With the Foxsat in sby, open the front flap and insert the stick in the Foxsat front usb port. Turn on the TV and select the Foxsat input. Hold down the Foxsat front power button until you see a software loading page.

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 13:11:26 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

my mistake..
    I meant the FOXSAT box.
    not the tv !

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 16:15:48 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

longlostpoet - 2 minutes ago  » 
    my mistake..
    I meant the FOXSAT box.
    not the tv !

When you plug the usb stick into a PC and look at it, what's the name of the file on it ?

| Sun 4 Jan 2015 16:19:21 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

longlostpoet - 20 hours ago  » 

I'd be suspicious of any new 1GB usb stick, I didn't know they were still available. I put off buying usb sticks when they first came out and when I did around 10 years ago I bought 2GB ones which are the smallest I have here and they still work fine.

proper new 2GB seem more expensive than 4GB and there's next to no diffence between 4GB and 8GB in price. The only 1GB I can find aren't on reputable websites or from reputable retailers AFAIK and I wouldn't touch any of the 1GB I've seen with a barge pole.

P&P seems to be more expensive than the usb stick itself. An example, and just an example as there are loads out there, of an 8GB delivered for £3.18 http://www.kikatek.com/P128882/49062-Verbatim-8GB-Store-n-Go-PinStripe-USB

Anyway, I'd take the usb stick you have, do a full format to fat32 on the usb stick in windows, make sure it's full and not quick, unzip the file or if already unzipped copy the FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf file, as Graham mentioned, across onto the usb stick, wait for it to copy completely, eject the usb stick in windows if unsure.

put the foxsat hdr into standby, plug the usb stick into the front bottom right hand side usb socket. I personally would switch off at the back left hand side rocker switch or switch off at the plug or pull whichever is easiest, wait 10 seconds and switch back on again, others prefer to hold the power button and the software upload should start. If it doesn't then I'd try a different usb stick and/or double check that you have the right update file for your box

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 10:12:32 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.