My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

blank screen after channel change

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

Humax support said to only use 1GB.
    once zip file is downloaded to a documents file is it unzipped or is that my problem ? file still in zip format.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 10:34:27 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'd imagine it is still zipped so needs unzipping,

it needs to be in the format as Graham previously mentioned, along the lines of:

FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 10:39:04 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

longlostpoet - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Humax support said to only use 1GB.
    once zip file is downloaded to a documents file is it unzipped or is that my problem ? file still in zip format.

I have used the same 8GB stick for years. .zip files are a compressed archive and can contain more than 1 file. the .hdf file you need on the stick is the one you must have on the stick.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/compress-uncompress-files-zip-files#1TC=windows-7

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 11:14:04 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

no it must be the box as I have checked file and it is unzipped.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 11:28:35 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

longlostpoet - 12 minutes ago  » 
    no it must be the box as I have checked file and it is unzipped.

If you've...

fully formatted the usb stick to fat32 in windows, not quick
    copied the FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf over
    physically switched off and on the foxsat

and it still doesn't work

then I'd still be suspicious of the new 1GB you have and try a different usb stick if possible.

the file they sent you may be corrupted, try downloading a new file, the one called: Foxsat-HDR Software Version 1.00.21
    still available at: http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd
    again you'll need to unzip

Also I have my 2GB's formatted to FAT and not fat32, so it's worth a try to fully format the 1GB to FAT and this may have been the default option in windows anyway when you fully formatted earlier

it may be the box, but I'd be surprised if it were.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 12:02:31 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlostpoet

last try with this "Transcend" 1GB stick.....
    if no joy i'll try a bigger GB

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 12:24:03 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Damian - I rather think Humax would have sent a reset file rather than the firmware which you linked to. If the file has the correct name and is in the root folder, the loader will attempt to handle it and issue an error message even if it is corrupt.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 13:30:59 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks Repassac, that thought had crossed my mind along with a few others.
    I've often thought there should be a template asking for model no., software version, date of purchase etc. before starting a new post so everybody's 100% sure which box it is, software and whether it's in warranty or not.

Are you aware of a reset file and/or special instructions to get it to load? The OP (original poster)refers to Application version: HPRSFCI 1.00.21 which is in the release notes to the 27/07/12 firmware, I guess name of file and size would confirm.

I think the 1GB usb stick is still suspect. Transcend made them over 10 years ago afaik, if it is a reset file or some sort of loader then fully formatting to FAT only (windows, right click on usb stick, select format, change to FAT and untick quick for full) would make sense.

Hopefully the OP can get this working and confirm afterwards, as the box isn't getting any younger and this sort of information is useful

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 16:32:03 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

damian - 3 minutes ago  » 
    thanks Repassac, that thought had crossed my mind along with a few others.
    I've often thought there should be a template asking for model no., software version, date of purchase etc. before starting a new post so everybody's 100% sure which box it is, software and whether it's in warranty or not.
    Are you aware of a reset file and/or special instructions to get it to load? The OP (original poster)refers to Application version: HPRSFCI 1.00.21 which is in the release notes to the 27/07/12 firmware, I guess name of file and size would confirm.
    I think the 1GB usb stick is still suspect. Transcend made them over 10 years ago afaik, if it is a reset file or some sort of loader then fully formatting to FAT only (windows, right click on usb stick, select format, change to FAT and untick quick for full) would make sense.
    Hopefully the OP can get this working and confirm afterwards, as the box isn't getting any younger and this sort of information is useful

Reset file is loaded in the same way as a firmware update, on the stick it has the same name.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/foxsat-hdr

Afaik the link to a reset file isn't posted anywhere now but Humax support could possibly have provided the file. Pretty sure it was available for download for a while from the beta site.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 16:43:23 #29 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Damian - I did also reply and sure I posted it, but no sign of it.

I always quick reformat to FAT32 - (I have had write errors after hard formats).

Somehow I doubt the reset file, (small compared to the firmware file), will solve the problem but you never know. My thought is that it is either environment (check with a friends unit) or possibly a power supply problem (random channels). If power supply I have one somewhere unless I recycled it.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:47:03 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.