My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Blank screen when using HDMI

(3 posts)
  1. manowarrior1983

manowarrior1983

Hi,

I have reported this to Humax technical support but just wondering if anyone else has ever had or seen this issue and of there are any more checks I can do

For background it has been connected to my tv via HDMI for 2years and no issues whatsoever, has the official wifi dongle attached, has a USB hard-drive attached for recording and it is either in Standby mode or in active use so I'd assume it would have the latest software installed.

Yesterday morning the device was showing a black screen and my tv was showing a No Signal message which leads me to believe the HDMI output part has developed a fault as during boot-up there isnt anything at all, not even the Freesat splash screen.

I have tried the following steps with the results below: -

Different hdmi port on tv - blank screen
    Different hdmi cable on several ports on tv - blank screen
    Different hdmi cable on different tv - blank screen
    Removed HDD and wifi dongle - blank screen
    Using yellow Composite connector - works fine and I get the splash screen during boot-up
    Factory reset - Composite works fine, but HDMI does not

As I can use the device via composite I think this proves the issue is with the HDMI output.

Are there any extra steps I can take to check this and confirm if it is the hdmi port that has a fault such as a usb recovery or Maintenance Mode menu like Youview boxes have?

Many thanks in advance!

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 10:05:56 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Looks like you got things covered.
    Last suggestion:
    With composite connected, perform a reset to default.
    Then please unit in standby, wait a full 5 mins, then disconnect power for 5 mins. Now power up with HDMI connected.
    In no picture I would give up.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 11:09:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Do any other device work OK on the HDMI input of your TV Like DVD player, if so it maybe a problem with the box itself.
    You could try connecting it to a different TV just to make sure.
    Hope this helps.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 11:12:47 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.