My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Bookmarks

(7 posts)
  1. daffodil

daffodil

Thinking of getting an HD Freeview PVR, I'm finding it difficult to get info on bookmarking. I got the HDR-Fox T2 manual (from Manual Owl [url=http://www.manualowl.com/m/Humax/HDR-FOXT2/Download/200968]). It says you can place bookmarks in "scenes" - not sure what that means. "Scenes" in DVDs are arbitrarily allocated 5-10 minute sections used for locating a part of the film. How would a PVR recording have "scenes"? If you place a bookmark in a scene, does the bookmark mark the exact place, or the start of the scene? Apparently, the PVR doesn't automatically place a mark when you interrupt your viewing of a recording. Is that right?

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 20:45:50 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Bookmarks are added manually as and where required using the add bookmark button, 2nd row from bottom, 2nd button from left.

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 22:10:57 #2 |
  3. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom

When you play a recorded programme on the HDR and stop it, the box will remember where you were and when you select the programme to play later you can "Resume play" or "Play from the start"

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 22:57:59 #3 |
  4. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Scenes in DVDs are arbitrarily allocated 5-10 minute sections

The HDR-Fox T2 manual reads correctly if you replace the word 'scene' with the word 'selection' e.g. "jump to book mark selection". The term used in DVD's is chapter rather than scene, A scene change is usually when the video completely changes from say a normal view to a close-up

| Wed 28 Mar 2012 10:44:40 #4 |
  5. daffodil

daffodil

Thanks for the excellent replies. Brian, it looks like they do do bookmarking. Good! Scuttlebroom, does that mean when you interrupt viewing it automatically adds a bookmark, even if you don't? ezra pound, I get what you're saying, but how come DVD "scene selection" offers chunks of a film too small to be analogous to chapters in a book?

| Wed 28 Mar 2012 21:11:33 #5 |
  6. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom

daffodil - 14 hours ago  » 
    Scuttlebroom, does that mean when you interrupt viewing it automatically adds a bookmark, even if you don't?

No it doesn't add a "Bookmark" as you would do if you added one manually, it saves a file to the root of the folder that the programme is in (Sorry not to technical myself, so I am winging it slightly!) and this file is updated every time you watch the programme so the box knows where you were when you pressed "Stop".

This means that when you click on the programme under "Media" you are given the option to resume play or start form the beginning. Once you have wanted the programme fully and come to the end of the recording, when you next click to play it, you only get the option to play from the beginning. You have the option to add manual bookmarks to a programme whilst you are watching it, so if you wanted to jump to a particular place easily, you can do.

This is useful if you want to skip adverts, as all you would need to do is place a manual bookmark at the end of the advert break, but as I said you have to do this whilst watching the programme.

| Thu 29 Mar 2012 11:33:00 #6 |
  7. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

daffodil - I get what you're saying, but how come DVD "scene selection" offers chunks of a film too small to be analogous to chapters in a book?

DVD chapters are a group of scenes the size of which is set by the DVD maker, I have a Sony Freeview tuner / DVD recorder where you can set auto chapter insertion say evey 5 Mins. I think I'm right in saying that a DVD title can only have 99 Chapters

| Thu 29 Mar 2012 16:03:27 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.