My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Boot Failed Error

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ptammaro_3

Hi all,

I’m in need of some help.

I’m having a rather odd problem in that I randomly appear to get an error screen when powering on my box.

The error is on a black screen and shows the following…

boot FAILED!

try powering up again.
    verify usb-micro connection to allow fastboot mode enter (if applicable).
    force recovery mode: press+hold front panel soft key while powering up.
    connect serial console for additional debug information.

Oddly, I went and purchased another Aura and it’s just done the same thing! So I now have 2 boxes doing the same thing which leads me to think there’s another issue at play.

After a google I can’t see anyone else having this problem so I’m now not sure what to do.

My setup up has it running through my AV receiver and on to my LG C8

Any suggestions??

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 7:58:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Are you sure it is the Aura causing the issue ? I suspect it is not. The message says " press+hold front panel soft key" The Aura does not have front panel keys and to have 2 Aura's have the same unique issue adds weight to the problem likely being your AV receiver or TV.

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 9:42:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ptammaro_3

Yes it’s definitely the Aura.

The receiver works perfectly when I switch inputs and the tv responds accordingly.

When I go to the aura its unresponsive to remote commands in this state until I pull the plug. This also applies to any of the physical buttons on top including the power button. It just seems to lock out with the only the blue light on.

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 10:01:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

That could still be an AV receiver issue, how would you know the Aura is unresponsive if its blue light was on but your receiver was not passing its output to your TV? The way to see would be to connect the Aura directly to a TV. Have you checked the connection options on your receiver? It could be something as simple
    as your receiver getting an update that changed a setting that now needs to be reset.

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 10:13:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ptammaro_3

It’s the definitely the Aura. As mentioned even pushing the physical power button on the Aura doesn’t do anything, I need to pull the plug on it to bring it back to life.

The AV receiver outputs everything perfectly on all HDMI outputs when I manually switch sources on it which in turn correctly displays on my TV including the audio passthrough.

The error screen also doesn’t correlate to the buttons on my AV receiver - I suspect Humax are just using a generic error screen from a previous model.

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 11:16:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

ptammaro_3 - 34 mins ago  » 
    It’s the definitely the Aura. As mentioned even pushing the physical power button on the Aura doesn’t do anything, I need to pull the plug on it to bring it back to life.
    The AV receiver outputs everything perfectly on all HDMI outputs when I manually switch sources on it which in turn correctly displays on my TV including the audio passthrough.
    The error screen also doesn’t correlate to the buttons on my AV receiver - I suspect Humax are just using a generic error screen from a previous model.

Have you tried connecting either of the Aura's directly to a TV? if not then there is no point continuing this conversation. Without doing so you are just making assumptions where as you should be eliminating possibilities.

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 11:55:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ptammaro_3 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I’m having a rather odd problem in that I randomly appear to get an error screen when powering on my box.

I agree it is an odd problem. I don't recollect seeing it reported previously.

The error is on a black screen and shows the following…
    boot FAILED!
    try powering up again.
    verify usb-micro connection to allow fastboot mode enter (if applicable).
    force recovery mode: press+hold front panel soft key while powering up.
    connect serial console for additional debug information.

Again that is a very odd message if it is from the Aura. What make and model is the AV receiver? How is the Aura connected to the AV receiver and how is the AV receiver connected to the TV?

| Fri 13 Sep 2024 12:40:01 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.