My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Boot up/Standby issue

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gillinger

I have the HDR 1000S. Apart from a few essential devices, I always switch off power at the mains when they're not in use. I have the box and the TV operating from the Humax remote.
    When I turn on the TV and Humax at the same time, the Humax display shows it is STARTING and there is no red Power light on. The TV comes on in Standby mode. I press the TV button on the remote to turn on the TV. The TV comes on and then about 5 seconds later the Humax goes into Standby. I then have to press the STB button to re-activate the box. Can anyone tell me what is going on as this is very annoying.

With the power remaining on, if I turn off the TV the box automatically goes into standby. If I then turn the TV back on the box remains in standby.

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 10:28:13 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

All quite normal.

1. The Humax unit detects a power cut (mains removed) and when repowered it needs to set it's clock and wakeup timers for future recordings. Having down so it will return standby unless a programme is within 15 minutes of recording schedule *. A remote signal will then wake it. The Humax is designed to be left in standby and consumes under 0.5 watts in standby

2. This is controlled by the TV via a function called HDMI-CEC. There is usually a TV setting to stop this - for the name of the function search for the manufactuer + HDMI-CEC as they all call it something different. It would appear that not all manufactures have implemented this in the same way. I have my TV set to disable this function.

* Assumes accurate record set and no padding.

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 10:56:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gillinger

Thanks for clarifying that.
    1. Something I'm going to have to live with, then. I had assumed that if the Humax detected the TV was on it would lift itself out of standby mode.
    2. I'll check out that setting - cheers.

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 12:24:41 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Gillinger - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for clarifying that.
    1. Something I'm going to have to live with, then. I had assumed that if the Humax detected the TV was on it would lift itself out of standby mode.
    2. I'll check out that setting - cheers.

Just curious as to what you do when you go on holiday. Leave it off and miss your favourite recordings?

| Thu 25 Jun 2015 15:08:15 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.