Box dead « My Humax Forum

My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S/1100S

Box dead

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bluesman

[quote]The other day, once again, my hdr 1100s refused to turn on. After unplugging, etc, I finally got it to respond by pressing the button on the front of the unit.

Up comes a page showing ‘recovery mode is entered due to serious problems’ it then tries, or appears to try and reboot itself. It gets to 50% stops and goes back to zero and starts again. After numerous attempts it finally gives up and shows ‘recovery failed due to unknown error’.

I spoke to Humax who were of no help whatsoever. Does anybody have an idea what’s wrong?

Sat 29 Dec 2018 12:08:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

A long shot is the hard drive is done. To verify that you would need to open the box, remove the HDD and try booting it.

Sat 29 Dec 2018 13:51:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    A long shot is the hard drive is done. To verify that you would need to open the box, remove the HDD and try booting it.

Slight ambiguity in my post. I meant try booting the box with the HDD removed. If it boots up OK then the HDD is the probable culprit.

Sat 29 Dec 2018 16:46:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bluesman

Problem at the moment is I can’t get into the box to try anything. It refuses to respond to any attempts to get beyond the page it’s showing.

I will try removing the hard drive, although I’ll have to take it somewhere as I wouldn’t know how to do that.

Sun 30 Dec 2018 13:02:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I replaced the HDD in my 1000S, very simple. I'm not familiar with the 1100S, but I'm sure there are others on here that can guide you.

Sun 30 Dec 2018 13:42:46 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

To know if it is the HDD you only have to disconnect the power and SATA connectors. I think you need two flat screwdrivers to spring the case connectors at each side of the unit.

You posted in the wrong forum BTW - This one is for the HB units.

Can a mod move please?

Sun 30 Dec 2018 14:07:27 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.