My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Box deleted all series programs.

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

On Wednesday the BBC changed their channel setup. When I switched on the receiver I got a popup saying that the service has changed and to press OK to retune. The box retuned ok but when I went to check the schedule it had all been wiped. Why can't you keep programs or at least give the option to back them up to a USB drive before you retune?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:01:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Over at hummy.tv Steppy is saying that their FVP-4000T schedule was not lost.
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/fvp-4000t-my-2-cents.7022/page-2

Did you recheck the schedule a bit later to see of it had restored but just needed a bit of time?
    I have a vestel which needs about 5 to 10 minutes to restore and I am wondering whether the FVP-4000T is similar.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:40:35 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

My units schedules were certainly lost, but I rescheduled straight away.

I'll try and remember after Rio, when there will be another retune event, to leave units for a while.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:53:11 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

My recording schedule was lost too in the Wednesday retune.

Fortunately I still had recordings of most of those scheduled, so it was fairly easy to reschedule them straight away, but I'll wait the next time to see if it repopulates by itself.

Edit:

I've just read a further post in that thread and it looks like it could be just an automatic retune that keeps the recording schedule. I have to do a manual retune so it may not work for me, but I'll still wait a while to see if it does.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 12:27:28 #4 |
  5. gw6ivx

gw6ivx

I am getting an FVP-4000T with Freetime, on Wednesday, what is this Freetime? and is the wi-fi any good on it.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 17:51:42 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

FVP 4000T is not a freetime product it is a freeview play unit.

Simply put it is catch up tv integrated into a guide that you can scroll back 7 Days.

Scroll back to the programme you missed, press OK and you are automatically linked to the relevant catch up service be it iplayer, itv hub, 4 play or demand 5.

FVP 4000T FAQ

As for wifi, works fine for me when enabled, but prefer to use powerline adaptor as I have a multi port unit serving other kit in same locale.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 18:33:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Stephenesque - 7 hours ago  » 
    I've just read a further post in that thread and it looks like it could be just an automatic retune that keeps the recording schedule. I have to do a manual retune so it may not work for me, but I'll still wait a while to see if it does.

Interesting. There were what could have been conflicting reports in April but that could account for it.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 19:32:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I am pretty sure the recording schedule is always wiped clean when you do a retune.

This is probably because a retune can change the channel number for a given programme - like BBC 4 HD has changed for the Olympics - or even delete a channel altogether. It is probably easiest just to delete all the schedule and let the user re-schedule than try to work out what programme and/or channel has gone where.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 15:49:54 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I am pretty sure the recording schedule is always wiped clean when you do a retune.
    This is probably because a retune can change the channel number for a given programme - like BBC 4 HD has changed for the Olympics - or even delete a channel altogether. It is probably easiest just to delete all the schedule and let the user re-schedule than try to work out what programme and/or channel has gone where.

Changing the logical channel number (lcn) or even the frequency shouldn't be an issue, each programme has a unique service identifier (SID) and any recordings relating to the SID do not need to be deleted if it's still present. Freetime boxes do not lose the recording schedule during the very frequent changes to the channel line up.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 16:59:51 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnH77 - 2 hours ago  » 

Yes I agree it is easier for the Humax software BUT it isn't very difficult to do it in the software. It may not always be perfect but I think most users would prefer to have 95+% of the schedule correctly restored rather than 100% wiped. One of the first features that was implemented in the custom firmware for HDR-FOX T2 was backup and restore of the schedule recordings and in my experience it does a good job. I really don't think we should accept a very inconvenient feature to save Humax from doing a relatively small and well understood piece of software development.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 18:37:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.