My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

box not talking to tv set

(6 posts)
  1. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi, this is my second posting relating to this, Im afraid if I dont get this sorted I will go out and by another make of set top box. Ok..this is what the problem is :
    Ive connected the hdmi cable ( a brand new one, gold plated) to the humax box and to the tv. I have also connected a tv cable from the arial connector at the back of the humax box to the arial input at the back of the tv. Ive also connected the exterior arial from outside the house to the input at the back of the humax box. I then turn the tv on, then turn the box on. The ONLY thing I get is the television installation menu ( very basic), I dont get the Humax installation menu as described in the Humax video help selections.I get a picture on the tv, BUT its coming direct from the arial and NOT through the Humax box, I know this as if I pull the HDMI cable from the back of the tv, it doesnt affect the picture one iota. It seems like the Humax box and the tv arent talking to each other. There HAS to be something wrong somewhere. When I scroll down the list of available channels, there are the usual Freeview channeld, about 115 of them including the radio channels but not one HD channel, which is why I got the Hunax box. I know the box was working earlier in the day, as we bought both the television AND the Humax box together, and the guy we bought it off had the system working in tandem perfectly. I am really stumped with this and am ready to buy another one.BUT I know this works !!...can anyone shed any light on here? Someone earlier mentioned to manually tune it but in order for me to do that I need to get to the installation wizzard in the Humax box.

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 21:44:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

What make and model of TV? Is there a button on the TV remote to select the input (on our Panasonic it is labelled "AV")?

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:13:01 #2 |
  3. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi Martin..the tv is a Philips 37" lcd model Model 37PFL5603D, and Ive just bought it today..I know what you mean about av1/2/3 etc,but this remote, which is the one made for the tv doesnt have anything like that ( not that Ive found anyway)

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:19:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonsmile

Hi

On the remote just below the power button at the top is a button called 'source'. This will alw you to cycle through the different connections.

However if this is a newbtv you may first have to do the one time initial setup first of all.

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:42:58 #4 |
  5. andywhitham

andywhitham

thanks Jon..much appreciated...

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:47:47 #5 |
  6. andywhitham

andywhitham

Thanks to all who are helping me with this.I think I may have it now....Im a definate newby here....lol

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:54:37 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.