My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Box turns itself on

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew101

Hello
    On a few random mornings we have found that the Sony TV has turned on by itself. When this happens, the Aura box is running too, so I assume that the Humax box has turned itself on, and then the TV.
    However, disabling the function that turns the TV on automatically with the Humax power-on button has not solved the issue.
    Any help would be appreciated

| Sat 27 May 2023 8:02:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Andrew101 - 1 hour ago  » 
    On a few random mornings we have found that the Sony TV has turned on by itself. When this happens, the Aura box is running too, so I assume that the Humax box has turned itself on, and then the TV.
    However, disabling the function that turns the TV on automatically with the Humax power-on button has not solved the issue.

I have seen this a few times but not recently. I agree that the Aura will be culprit. Are you using normal standby or deep standby?

| Sat 27 May 2023 9:37:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew101

It was on normal standby, I've now set it to go into deep standby after 3 hours to see if that sorts out the problem.

| Sat 27 May 2023 18:52:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TIM-SUE

This is a known problem, the answer lies with the HDMI output from the Humax.
    what you need is a LINDY adaptor that negates the 12v current on pin 13.
    this is a problem with all Humax boxes and means that the box will control any thing connected to the HDMI output. these adaptors can be found on E-BAY and Amazon.

| Sun 28 May 2023 15:43:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew101

Thank you, deep standby did not resolve so the adapter is the next step.

| Tue 30 May 2023 20:30:20 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.