My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Britbox app as of Sept 2022

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dogtanian

Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention that I have been in contact with both Humax and Britbox about the Britbox app on the Aura device.

Humax said
    "As of right now there are no plans to add britbox, as it up to the service provider to allow the app on the boxes. "

Britbox said
    "your device is not currently supported but we do not specifically develop the application for this device"

Its a shame but hey ho.

Ian

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 9:39:35 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

If you have Amazon Prime then I think that you can get Britbox as an add-on subscription, and presumably watch using the Amazon Prime Video app.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 10:07:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dogtanian

Thanks Mars.

I watch Britibox through the TV, it's just a shame it's not on the Aura box. The box is great so far (had it a couple of months). Britbox would have been the cherry on the cake lol.

Ian

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 10:20:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Britbox app is not available for Google's Chromecast with Google Tv also. The app is available on Play Store outside the UK but does not let you login with a UK Britbox account. To get Britbox on the Aura you have to get it off a Firestick and side load it, Same goes for Chromecast with Google Tv device. Publisher for Britbox for phones/tablets on UK Play Store is Britbox SVOD Limted. Outside UK it is Britbox,LLC.

| Sat 1 Oct 2022 12:48:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dogtanian

OK, thanks for the info, how do you sideload apps to the Aura box?

| Mon 10 Oct 2022 9:30:17 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.