My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

broken up recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I reformatted my 9300T & set it to default, because I occasionally experienced speech & video being scrambled. When I stepped back, chunks of unseen footage could be seen, but the affected part of the recording wasn't really viewable.
    Unfortunately, my reformatting hasn't rectified the problem, as it happened again with a recording from More4 Thursday night. This was in the last quarter of an hour, and probably lasted less than five minutes.
    Is it fixable?

| Sat 12 Apr 2014 9:33:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnB47

You and Billyj appear to be having the same problem as me, although you both report it happening on a particular channel. I seem to get it randomly.

I have also done a Humax format of the drive but I've been told (see my other thread) that this is a sort of surface level format - it doesn't step through each part of the disk and make unavailable any bad bits. I'm planning to do a full format using a kit of leads I bought. It's just a matter of waiting until we've viewed some important recordings.

If a full format doesn't sort the problem, it's for the bin.

| Sat 12 Apr 2014 17:12:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Thanks JohnB47, that's what I thought. Only thing is, what replaces the 9300T? I'm not bothered about "catch up" TV, & my broadband connection is too far from the TV anyway. Next time it occurs, I could leave that program there, taking up the "bad spot".
    I wouldn't know how to do a full format.

| Sun 13 Apr 2014 8:01:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I'm afraid I gave in, & took it back to Richer Sounds, who swopped it for a HDR 2000T, as it still had 7 months of a 5 year warranty left, & it was deemed unrepairable.

| Mon 14 Apr 2014 19:15:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tallpaul

Looks like this is a common problem, mine has been skipping short sections mainly on longer films and the sound often goes out of sync. Now it is recording things but changing their name and date stamp so you dont know where to find them. It looks like the end of the line for this machine. Does anybody have arecommendation of a better machine to purchase, not Humax judging by the responses on here and the lack of support from the manufacturer

| Mon 5 May 2014 19:24:07 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.