My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Bug/Feature in "Watch from start" option in EPG.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

1) Go into On Demand/iPlayer via the HOME button and select a pgm to watch.
    During the play press the I(info) button. When info appears on screen press BACK. You are dropped back to the iPlayer home page with an option to resume play.

2) Go into iPlayer via the "Watch from start" option in the EPG.
    During the play press the I(info) button. When info appears on screen press BACK. You are dropped back to the EPG, and to resume you again have to select that pgm on the EPG and again "Watch from start" option.

3) During iPlayer play in (2), select "Recordings" on the R/C. The Recording GUI is shown with the iPlayer pgm in the PIP window, but on pressing BACK in the Recordings display again you are dropped back to the EPG, and to resume you again have to select that pgm on the EPG and again "Watch from start" option.

However, in (2) and (3) there is a flaw. If the live pgm you selected has now ended the "Watch from start" option is no longer available and often the pgm is not yet on On Demand/iPlayer via HOME.

The lesson is... don't press BACK, RECORDINGS or GUIDE or many other keys during "Watch from start" play. Minor but irritating.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 18:05:16 #1 |
  2. SpiderJon

SpiderJon

Hi Pollensa1946

> However, in (2) and (3) there is a flaw.

The behaviour you describe isn't a flaw -- it's exactly what you'd expect.

If the programme has ended, there won't be a "Watch from start" option, as it only applies to "live" programmes.

Ok, the programme may not yet be on iPlayer (for whatever reason -- and I agree that the delay can be puzzling/annoying), but that's not a flaw with the 'Watch from start" function.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 21:10:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

It's a flaw in the design in that if you press BACK while in the iPlayer via "Watch from start" you would expect it to behave as it does when you enter from On Demand. So in my view, not exactly what you'd expect.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 23:09:36 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.