My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Burn ts file to DVD

(18 posts)
  1. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

The file is not in any folder that I can see. I'm wondering if the file is too big. It's a couple of hours long.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 10:22:46 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mhargreaves - 11 minutes ago  » 
    The file is not in any folder that I can see. I'm wondering if the file is too big. It's a couple of hours long.

Size is unlikely to be an issue for a SD recording. FAT32 can hold files up to 4GB. NTFS files up to the capacity of the device. Which channel was the recording from. Normally the file should be exactly where you copied it to. If you didn't create a folder it should be in the root folder.

In explorer settings check suppress known file extensions isn't ticked and that hidden files are also displayed.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 10:39:41 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

mhargreaves - 1 hour ago  » 
    When I copy a recording to an external USB drive, which folder should I find it in when I connect the USB drive to a PC?

Should be in recordings folder.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 10:56:21 #13 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Graham - the recording was from BBC One (SD).

You say "exactly where you copied it to" - I wasn't given the option of where to copy it to, only the drive name. So I assumed it would be in the root folder, but it doesn't show up there.

I will check if it is a hidden file.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 10:58:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

mhargreaves - 1 minute ago  » 
    Graham - the recording was from BBC One (SD).
    You say "exactly where you copied it to" - I wasn't given the option of where to copy it to, only the drive name. So I assumed it would be in the root folder, but it doesn't show up there.
    I will check if it is a hidden file.

With my 2000T once the thumb drive is in and has been recognised I simply access media as usual then the programme I want to copy. Once I have highlighted prog to copy I select the opt button then follow the copy option. Once that is pressed I am shown two icons, one being the HDD the other USB. Once you see that select USB, you thumb drive will be highlighted and with mine there is a red icon in the corner marked copy - select that and then go and make a brew, do your shopping, whatever. That's it, when it's finished remove drive and use where you want to use it.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 11:05:11 #15 |
  6. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

With my 2000T once the thumb drive is in and has been recognised I simply access media as usual then the programme I want to copy. Once I have highlighted prog to copy I select the opt button then follow the copy option. Once that is pressed I am shown two icons, one being the HDD the other USB. Once you see that select USB, you thumb drive will be highlighted and with mine there is a red icon in the corner marked copy - select that and then go and make a brew, do your shopping, whatever. That's it, when it's finished remove drive and use where you want to use it.

Yes it used to be like that on my HDR-T2 too, but doesn't seem to work as well on the FVP-4000T

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 11:11:07 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I realise that with any forum one can get a distorted view of a product i.e. people tend to air their grievances. However, the FVP 4000T does not appear to be Humax's finest hour - such a disparate range of problems.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 11:55:44 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

File size should be OK, just checked, 2hrs of BBC1 SD will be approx 3.3GB

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 13:47:00 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.