My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Can get iplayer on freesat but not tv channels

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hollyhocks

Thank you for letting me join you in the forum. I'm a wee auld wifie in Ayrshire that hasn't a clue so its been vry eductional reading through the questions and answers.
    This is where I now shout HELP. My Humax was working well on Fri night Saturday morning. However yesterday when I switched on there was nothing only a blank TV Guide with the message that there was no signal received or aa weak signal. (BTW we are near to the Darvel transmitter) My TV is in lounge with tp link powerline adapters as the router is in my 'sewing room' I have checked the adaptors are working and that all cables are ok etc. Tried switching things off and back on again. Checked all the connections inside and my husband who is 72 climbed the ladder in the pouring rain to check the satellite dish, and it seems to be ok.He says it is solid and hasn't moved. We checked reception again and found that system was saying that we were connected to internet but that it was still not receiving any signal. However we are able to access catch up TV , iplayer , netflix etc. but NOT the ordinary tv channels.
    I have seen suggestions that you can do a re installation etc and looked at the instructions however when I go into menu/settings I don't see anything about that only possible factory reset but wasn't sure if that wiped everything .
    So would be much appreciated if you can tell me how to get the channels back and if you can give me an idiots guide instructions that would be even better. My humax box is 5 years old and never had a bit of bother with it before.
    Thank you for reading this and hope you can help me.

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 10:48:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming you have the single tuner HB with only 1 dish connection, model and using a usb drive to record to.

With the box off disconnect the F connector (11 mm spanner) in and check the screw on connector is firmly screwed on to the end of the coax cable. Now try again

Do not try a reset to factory defaults, not because it will delete your recording it will not, it does delete your recording reservations though (best to photograph these first).

Without access to the Freesat Home transponder it will fail at the postcode test.

Next thing to try is a non-freesat mode channel scan. The number of channels you get is a good guide as to what's wrong.

I only have a twin tuner HDR-1000S but the procedure should be pretty much the same.

Press the home button and choose settings, then system settings and then STB mode. OK on change to non freesat mode. If the screen goes blank, press exit and OK on settings. Move to non freesat and press OK With Channel search highlighted go right to Transponder all then down to next. Make the following changes if required Network Search Off, Scramble type FTA, Channel Type all

Move to start channel search and press OK. Wait for the scan to complete (100%)

I have just done this a fully working dish

It found TV 144 and Radio 28

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 11:48:38 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thinking about this, you may have accidentally switched the box into non-freesat mode.

If you press home and see an option to return to freesat mode simply click OK on it.

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 14:31:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hollyhocks

Thank you so much for that. I have been out all morning and just got back. Read thru your instructions and switched on and somehow the channels have reappeared. I think I must have inadvertently clicked something this morning , possibly your second option.

I have kept a copy of your instructions , just in case!

Thanks again

| Sun 17 Mar 2019 15:39:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.