My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can I adjust brightness of the front LED matrix ?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

I love the front LED matrix. When watching live TV it shows the channel name (which is better than number (which would be better than a Sky box's nothing)) and showing the name of the show when watching a recording. It's perfect .... except for one thing. I'd like to make it brighter. I imagine some people would like to make it dimmer.

Is it customisable / adjustable ? I can live with it as it is, but what's the point of these forums if you don't ask questions when you're wondering about such a thing

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 15:24:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

No.

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 16:00:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

Pollensa1946 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    No.

Again with the response I didn't want to hear

Thanks though

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 16:21:31 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Have you removed the protective film from the front of the box? that can dim the display slightly.

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 18:54:12 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not suggesting the OP tries this

The HDR FOX T2 has a filter over the display, removing it brightens the display considerably (requires breaking the warranty seals). I don't know if the HDR1000/1010s is similar. I opened mine (as did Repassac) to fit a 2TB drive. I didn't look at the display though

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 19:07:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

aldaweb - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Have you removed the protective film from the front of the box? that can dim the display slightly.

Yep, the film is gone

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 
    Not suggesting the OP tries this
    The HDR FOX T2 has a filter over the display, removing it brightens the display considerably (requires breaking the warranty seals). I don't know if the HDR1000/1010s is similar. I opened mine (as did Repassac) to fit a 2TB drive. I didn't look at the display though

If I were going to break the warranty seals anyway, then I'd do the filter too. As I currently have no plans to jump in there, I'll leave it.

It's not horrendously dim or too annoying. I just thought if I can easily adjust it via some secret menu then I'd definitely do it. Anything more adventurous or destructive than that though, I'll skip

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 19:10:52 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

d4005 - Anything more adventurous or destructive than that though, I'll skip

Not even sure if there is even a filter

Only mentioned it in passing as it's just possible there is

The display is I agree very dim and you need a microscope to see the tiny icons on it

Grab a magnifying glass and look closely at the display while in sby, you might be surprised

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 19:17:56 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather think it is a design reaction to all the people who thougt the Foxsat#'s display is very bright.

It is fine for me.

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 20:12:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

I should be grateful to have such an informative display instead of complaining I'd like it to be 20% brighter

| Wed 10 Jul 2013 21:10:48 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.