My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can I connect my Laptop to TV via my PVR

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulo

Me, new to Humax PVRs. Just bought a Humax HDR-1000S for Freesat. Only just feeling my round it so have a fair bit to learn about its capabilties etc.

I have it connected to my BB router via a Devolo dLan and want to know if and how I can connect my laptop to the PVR and view it on my TV. I suspect it is to do with making a 'home network' but dont know much about it.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

| Sat 8 Nov 2014 12:28:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Your laptop and the HDR1000S need to be connected to a home network. You then need to set up a dlna server on your laptop (Windows Media Player will do the job) and share the folder with the content you want to watch.

To view the content using your HDR1000S

Home - Humax - Media Share.

You should see the DLNA server on your laptop in the Shared server list. Click on it and select the video or photos option.

Example of current servers active on my home network

Note - you can't view the laptop screen via the HDR1000S, to do that you have to connect the laptop directly to the TV.

Attachments

1. MediaShare.jpg (44.1 KB, 4 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sat 8 Nov 2014 12:52:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulo

Many thanks for that help. Unfortunately I did not make my question clear enough, my fault.
    What I wanted to do was view my laptop screen on my TV thinking that because the Humax (already connectted to my TV)and my laptop were both useing the same router then I should be able to combine the operations.

You did, however, say in your last sentence that to view my laptop (screen)on my TV I would need seperate connection. Since I dont want any more trailing leads then I will have to look out for some sort of wlan adapter for laptop and TV.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 9:51:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulo - 1 hour ago  » 
    Many thanks for that help. Unfortunately I did not make my question clear enough, my fault.
    What I wanted to do was view my laptop screen on my TV thinking that because the Humax (already connectted to my TV)and my laptop were both useing the same router then I should be able to combine the operations.
    You did, however, say in your last sentence that to view my laptop (screen)on my TV I would need seperate connection. Since I dont want any more trailing leads then I will have to look out for some sort of wlan adapter for laptop and TV.

What outputs does your laptop have ? A wireless HDMI connection isn't going to be cheap.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 11:22:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.