My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can I copy recordings to a new disk?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I suspect my 4000T 2TB disk is failing as HDD Test is taking ages and I always get No Recordings for about a minute or more when I bring it out of standby. When it does finally show my recordings it is 89% used with 204GB available.

If I get a new disk can I copy me recordings to the new, replacement disk? If so, how?

| Tue 27 Jun 2023 19:55:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I deleted loads of old recordings and my 4000T is back like new. I don't get the long delay with No Recordings when I bring it out of standby.

It seems much quicker doing things.

| Thu 20 Jul 2023 1:09:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I have cloned my two Humax 5000t disks from 1Tb on to 2tB disks I did one with Acronis and one with Mini tool Partition wizard both copied perfectly bar one thing, I told the programs to expand the original to the size of the new larger disk and neither expanded, so I ended up with a 2TB disk with all the sectors the same size as the original 1TB, I have no idea why and have not yet got round to expanding the sectors on the new disk . but it is simple enough to copy your recordings, there are numerous clone programs out there and quite a few free ones
    Boyd.

PS, as for the notification of no recordings, I get that regularly and sort it by switching the humax off and on again and they eventually appear

| Thu 20 Jul 2023 11:23:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.