My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Can I download from the internal HDisk? on 9300T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pendennispete

While away at Christmas my 9300T has gone awry! I still have a list of 138 recordings but when accessing the library the thumbnail at the top left is blank! None of the recordings will play. There is 18% available on the disk. I suspect they are still on the harddisk but Humax say I can not get them off! Can anyone help please?
    I think the problem may have been caused by an 'antenna short circuit'. I had an aerial amplifier in the system and when taking the aerial out of the Humax input socket I got a kick and a spark. There was obviously power in the aerial run. Having removed the amlifier the short circuit has disappeared, but the library problem has not changed!

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 14:47:53 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

you will need to remove the HDD from the 9300 and connect to a PC either using a USB-SATA adapter or an external SATA cradle. DO NOT allow the PC to initialise the drive, but use humaxrw (available here (link))in recovery mode to retrieve your files.

Note: as you probably now realise the 9300 should be off when connecting an aerial amp taking power from it.

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 15:55:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pendennispete

Many thanks, I am not technically minded (70 years of age!) but I have a separate hard drive and will get son in law (a programmer) to give it a go for me. Pete

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 16:25:46 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.