My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can I operate 2 x 4000T's from one room ?

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trev - 1 hour ago  » 
    Grayham. Sorry, I just assumed you were talking about the recorder.
    Your understanding of HD stuff not playing on anything else is pretty much correct, unless it has first been decrypted

That isn't right; there have been various reports over the last couple of years of people playing encrypted content on non Humax devices providing they have DTCP-IP capability.

| Fri 17 May 2019 10:38:47 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 
    So have you actually managed to watch HD on one FVP-unit from another or not ?
    If not what possible reason have you decided to post my doubts re HD are not at least credible ?

No because I don't have two FVP boxes. However on the 2nd Nov 2018 you said "As the boxes share the same software (the label on the motherboard of my early 5000T says it's a 4000T. Seems pretty certain the 5000T can also do this." Have you changed your position? It may well be that Luke is right and a pair of FVP-4000T can do this and pair of FVP-5000T can't. Is there someone with a pair of FVP-500Ts that can tell us definitively whether it is possible?

| Fri 17 May 2019 10:47:36 #12 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

Then I bow to your superior knowledge, but don't want to get into a discussion as per GLT. I can't be bothered to read all the countless posts by af123 et al on hummy and other sources either as I am not that interested.
    Perhaps you could precis all the writings on this subject into a short sharp 'how to' for the layman?

| Fri 17 May 2019 10:47:43 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GrahamRHK - 3 hours ago  » 
    It has always been my understanding that HD playback on another unit was not possible. However I see that the prior thread quoted here says that the successful user has custom firmware for an HD-FOX T2 with extra decrypt packages.

When I reported that finding over on hummy.tv, all the experts said that the custom firmware on the HD-FOX T2 would have no influence on whether HD recordings could be played via DLNA. Can someone with an HD-FOX T2 and an FVP box confirm whether they can play HD content from an FVP-4000T or an FVP-5000T on an HD-FOX T2 (with or without custom firmware).

| Fri 17 May 2019 10:51:19 #14 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

That would certainly solve the conundrum Martin

| Fri 17 May 2019 14:29:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

Martin Liddle - 10 hours ago  » 

GrahamRHK - 3 hours ago  » 
    It has always been my understanding that HD playback on another unit was not possible. However I see that the prior thread quoted here says that the successful user has custom firmware for an HD-FOX T2 with extra decrypt packages.

When I reported that finding over on hummy.tv, all the experts said that the custom firmware on the HD-FOX T2 would have no influence on whether HD recordings could be played via DLNA. Can someone with an HD-FOX T2 and an FVP box confirm whether they can play HD content from an FVP-4000T or an FVP-5000T on an HD-FOX T2 (with or without custom firmware).

Me! I have two FVP-4000Ts, and a HD FOX T2. The FOX T2 can play HD content from either 4000T over my wired network, as can my Samsung TV.

| Fri 17 May 2019 21:04:53 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pigolato - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Me! I have two FVP-4000Ts, and a HD FOX T2. The FOX T2 can play HD content from either 4000T over my wired network, as can my Samsung TV.

OK thanks, now is there somebody with an FVP-5000T and a HD-FOX T2 (or two FVP-5000T)?

| Fri 17 May 2019 21:13:23 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trev - 1 day ago  » 
    Perhaps you could precis all the writings on this subject into a short sharp 'how to' for the layman?

Here is a link to a report that a Firestick will enable encrypted HD content from an HDR-FOX T2 to be played https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/vlc-able-to-decrypt-hd-files.8491/ NB I don't own a Firestick and haven't verified this myself.

| Sat 18 May 2019 11:32:47 #18 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

I have a firestick. I'll switch of the autodecrypt on my T2 and give it a whirl and report back (If I can get my head around how to do it. I haven't looked yet).

| Sat 18 May 2019 16:02:19 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.