My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can I operate 2 x 4000T's from one room ?

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

I have a 4000T in the lounge and one in the bedroom.
    I was wondering, in this day and age, if I can operate and watch either/both in either/both rooms, what with wifi, SMART etc.

cheers

| Thu 16 May 2019 10:55:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

furkin - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I was wondering, in this day and age, if I can operate and watch either/both in either/both rooms, what with wifi, SMART etc.

You can watch content on one box from the other box using the built in DLNA capability which works OK for me. There are probably other possibilities but if you can explain what you want to do somebody who uses more of the functionality can explain how to do it.

| Thu 16 May 2019 11:29:15 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

furkin - 1 hour ago  » 
    cheers

Suspect this works only for SD recordings. A pair of HDR-FOX-T2's can do this for all recordings.

| Thu 16 May 2019 12:30:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Suspect this works only for SD recordings. A pair of HDR-FOX-T2's can do this for all recordings.

Really? There was a previous thread about this and more than one person was claiming it was possible for SD and HD: see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-2-fvp-5000ts

| Thu 16 May 2019 14:17:16 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

Really? There was a previous thread about this and more than one person was claiming it was possible for SD and HD: see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-2-fvp-5000ts

So have you actually managed to watch HD on one FVP-unit from another or not ?

If not what possible reason have you decided to post my doubts re HD are not at least credible ? Not sure why you think my post is not at least simply designed to at least help the OP if it does not work.

Given the certain known limitation re-HD viewing on other kit with the FVP-boxes.

I have to ask if DTCP-IP HD viewing on other FVP boxes is possible, why haven't Humax said so in any other places.

I know for a fact that two HDR-FOX-T2 boxes this is possible.

If the FVP-boxes can do the same, why haven't Humax included this information in any of the published details for this box.

This would be a major selling point for many, so why not say so ?

So far your post adds nothing to this thread. Perhaps you might like to test this and actually confirm it or not instead of obvuscating the situation,

I only have one box so not in a position to be 100% sure or not, a fact I am sure you are aware of, as apparently neither are you.

What connotation can you possibly place on my post I suspect ? Clearly I aren't sure, why would you mention this, other than some bizarre reason I have no idea why.

This warrants a complaint to amoderator. I expressed an opinion, you replied was I sure, I already included this information in my post. Clearly I was not sure,

Stop sniping and post facts that other members can be sure are correct.

| Thu 16 May 2019 21:47:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

From previous reads my understanding was that it was the FVP-4000Ts that could share HD, not FVP-5000T.

| Thu 16 May 2019 22:06:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

It has always been my understanding that HD playback on another unit was not possible. However I see that the prior thread quoted here says that the successful user has custom firmware for an HD-FOX T2 with extra decrypt packages. I have a FOX T2 with standard firmware and can confirm that HD playback from a 5000T is not possible. I have never had the courage to install custom firmware. AFAIK there is no custom firmware for 5000T. I'd be interested to learn whether others have succeeded with custom firmware for HD-FOXT2.

| Fri 17 May 2019 8:34:18 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

I'd be interested to learn whether others have succeeded with custom firmware for HD-FOXT2.

I'm sure you mean HDR Fox T2. In which case Yes. Lots of people , me included, have the custom firmware. On those, once the recording has been decrypted it will play on most anything.
    There is no custom firmware for later Humax boxes.

| Fri 17 May 2019 9:06:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Trev, I do mean HD FOX T2 - with an external drive for recording. And as far as I recall that is the box specified in the thread quoted in post above. I will further investigate customer firmware - thank you for your encouragement.

| Fri 17 May 2019 9:35:22 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Grayham. Sorry, I just assumed you were talking about the recorder.
    There is custom firmware for the HD T2, but it's not as quite comprehensive as for the HDR but does include decryption.
    Head on over to Hummy.tv as that's the 'home' of the HD/HDR T2 custom firmware, and brace yourself for a lot of reading.

Your understanding of HD stuff not playing on anything else is pretty much correct, unless it has first been decrypted and the clever peeps on hummy.tv have a couple of methods of doing this, including stuff that has already been recorded.

| Fri 17 May 2019 10:34:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.